13. Who knew cars were sexy?

I'm visiting Nonno today. I've actually never been to his penthouse, so I'm super excited to see where he lives 'cause I know it's probably nice. I'm not bringing Leo with me 'cause it's not super far but I did maturely leave a sticky note on the fridge for Dante telling him I'm out so he doesn't get all "you're on strike three" on me.

My music is blasting and I'm having a great time when I get this feeling like someone's staring at me. I look around, but there's no one there except for the car behind me, and from what I can tell, the driver is messing with his radio. I shake the feeling off, turning up my music.

I keep driving, occasionally checking my mirrors and the same car is still behind me. It's okay, maybe we're just going in the same direction?

My palms start to get sweaty and at a red light, I wipe them on my pants. No need to panic it's all good. I drive a little faster, trying to put some space in between us but the same car is still on my tail.

Even though it's probably nothing, I feel my heart racing. Not sure what else to do, I call Nonno.

"Nonno," my voice sounds shaky.

"Martina, are you almost here? I'm so excited for you to visit." He says, his voice calms me down just a little.

"Umm not yet, and it's probably nothing, but I feel like I'm being followed." I check my mirror again, and the car is still there despite the fact that the street is busy.

He's dead silent on the other end before speaking calmly, "At the next street, make a right."

"But the gps says-"

"Don't worry about the gps, just listen to me, turn right."

I quickly switch to the right lane, and turn.

"Are they still there?" he asks.

I check behind me, and sure enough, the car is still there. "Yes," I say, starting to panic.

"Okay, don't worry, make another right."

I do as he says, the car still on my tail. In total, Nonno makes me do four right turns which basically brought me in a circle.

"I just went in a circle," I say, my hands slippery on the leather steering wheel.

"I know, I was making sure he was definitely following you, and he clearly is."

"What do I do?" I panic.

"Don't worry, just tell me where you are, okay?"

I rattle off my location, my heart pounding.

"What car are you driving?"

"A black Range Rover. Nonno I'm kinda scared."

"I know Tesora, what's your license plate?"

I tell him, still driving through the city streets.

"Okay, stay on the line, I'm just going to take care of something."

"Okay," I say shakily, the line goes quiet and I panic. "Nonno, are you still there?"

"Yes," he says immediately. "Turn left now."

I do as he says and am blocked by a school bus. Another Range Rover sidles up next to me.

"Do you see another black Range Rover?" He asks.

"Yes." I say.

"Perfect, we're going to get the car following you to follow them instead, that's why you're currently stuck in some alley."