HOW TO SURVIVE A CROCODIL OR ALLIGATIR ATTCAK!!!⚠️

Prevention: If you live in Florida you most likely have seen or held one of these. Don't, I already have heard of enough Florida man stories to last a lifetime.

(1) Leave alligators alone. Alligators are shy animals that usually avoid human contact.

(2) Pay attention. Keep an eye on your surroundings near fresh or brackish waters. Avoid vegetation-filled areas of rivers, lakes, and other bodies of water.

(3) Do not feed alligators. Feeding alligators is illegal. Alligators that are fed will come to associate humans with food and will lose their natural fear.

(4) Throw fish scraps into trash cans. Do not discard fish scraps in the water at fish camps or boat ramps—you will unintentionally feed alligators.

(5) Follow directions on signs. Do not swim outside of posted swimming areas.

(6) Swim during daylight hours only. Alligators are most active at night.

(7) Stay with children. Never allow small children to play unattended near water.

(8) Keep an eye on your pets. Dogs are in more danger from alligators than humans, because they resemble the reptiles' natural prey. Do not let your dog swim in waters where you know alligators live.

(9) Remember the odds. You are more likely to be struck by lightning than attacked by an alligator in Florida.

(10) If you want to keep alligators out of your yard, install a fence that is at least four and a half feet tall. Alligators are good climbers—anything lower would not be adequate protection. If you do have a close run-in with an alligator that charges at you, run away fast and straight, not zig-zag. It is unlikely, however, that an alligator will display this behavior unless you are near its nest.

(11) Remember that in Florida, it is illegal to kill or harass alligators; alligators may only be harvested under special licenses and permits issued by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. If you have a nuisance alligator in your area, contact the FWC office or call 866-FWC-GATOR (866-392-4286).

(12) Don't camp nearby. Although crocodiles and alligators live in water, they can still come out to land and attack you. Camp at least 50m away from the water or as far as possible for the safety of you and your loved ones. If you are nearby any crocodile-infested water, use a flashlight or headlamp to check the area before moving.

(13) Keep your distance. Stay away from a crocodile at least 25 meters when you spot one. If you are boating, keep your distance for at least 10 meters. Crocodiles can also attach vertically from the water. Therefore, avoid standing or leaning over the docks or side of the boats.

(14) Stay cautious during the breeding season. Alligators and crocodiles are most aggressive during mating, breeding, and nesting season. Meanwhile, mothers during the nesting seasons are most ferocious and defensive. If you live in an area with crocodiles, you must be extra cautious during the mating and breeding season. The breeding season for freshwater crocodiles in Australia is between July and August, with nesting season extending from September to April. Meanwhile, Florida's alligators breed at the start of May and nest for several months.

(15) If it attacks. Swim or wade to the shore. Don't make any noise or splashes if you accidentally fall into the water, as this could draw crocodile attention towards you. Simply swim or wade to the shore as quickly and calmly as possible.

(16) Run away as fast as possible. If you encounter a crocodile on land, run away as fast as possible. Crocodiles can run very fast when they are about to attack. So, skip those "running in zigzag motion" advice and run in a straight line as fast as you can. The goal is to get away from the croc as far as possible.