HOW TO SURVIVE A BEE OR WASP STING!!!⚠️

Prevention: I see you laughing stop. 5-7.5% of people will experience a severe allergic reaction to insect stings in their lifetimes. Well, this number is little a sting can kill someone who is allergic.

(1) Wear light-colored, smooth-finished clothing. Bees will be less likely to sting you if you are wearing little-colored clothes than they would be if you were to wear darker-colored clothes. When it comes to wasps if you are going to remove their nest you should wear gloves, protective glasses, long pants, socks, shoes, a long-sleeved shirt and/or hoodie, hat, and a scarf.

(2) Avoid perfumed soaps, shampoos, and deodorants or cologne or perfume. Smalling like flowers might be nice, but bees like these smalls too.

(3) Avoid bananas and banana-scented toiletries. You might be laughing at this and I don't blame you, but the alarm pheromone bees use smalls a little like bananas.

(4) Wear clean clothing and bathe daily. Sweat may anger bees. ( Only do this if you are allergic or work with bees. )

(5) Wear clothing to cover as much of the body as possible. ( Again mostly if you are allergic or work with bees. )

(6) Avoid flowering plants when possible. ( If you are allergic to pollen like me then you already do this. )

(7) Keep work or play areas clean. Social wasps thrive in places where humans discard food.

(8) Remain calm and still, if a single stinging insect is flying around. Swatting at an insect may cause it to sting. You are well within your right to swat a mosquito.(

9) If you are attacked by several stinging insects at once, run to get away from them. (Bees release a chemical when they sting, which may attract other bees.)

(10) Go indoors. I'm not saying you should stay indoors all the time but if you are some bees or waps staying indoors till they leave is the best thing to do.

(11) A shaded area is better than an open area to get away from the insects.

(12) If you are able to physically move out of the area, do not attempt to jump into the water. Some insects particularly Africanized Honey Bees are known to hover above the water, continuing to sting once you surface for air. Yay! As if drowning wasn't bad enough.

(13) If a bee comes inside your vehicle, stop the car slowly, and open all the windows.

(14) People with a history of severe allergic reactions to insect bites or stings should consider carrying an EpiPen and should wear a medical identification bracelet or necklace stating their allergy. Even if you aren't allergic to bees someone else could be and having an EpiPen on you could save someone's life.

(15) You or someone you know probably did this at least once. Throwing rocks at a bee or wasp nest. I'm sorry but this is really stupid. Why would you do that? Do you want to get stung?

Habit: Almost everywhere.

(1) ground nesters build nesting in holes in the ground.

(2) Wood tube nesters use hollow tubes or plant stems.

(3) Cavity nesters construct homes inside open cavities.

(4) Nests in trees. ( This might be a wasp nest. )

Signs and symptoms: Not hard to tell.

(1) Instant, sharp burning pain at the sting site.

(2) A red welt at the sting area.

(3) Slight swelling around the sting area.

(4) Extreme redness.

(5) Swelling at the site of the sting that gradually enlarges over the next day or two.

First aid: I hope with all my heart you will never have to use this.

(1) Stay calm. Although most bees usually only sting once, wasps and hornets can sting again. If you are stung, calmly walk away from the area to avoid additional attacks. Not saying you should, but I would run.

(2) Remove the stinger. If the stinger remains in your skin, remove it by scraping over it with your fingernail or a piece of gauze a credit card will work too. Never use tweezers to remove a stinger, as squeezing it can cause more venom to be released into your skin.

(3) Wash the sting with soap and water.

(4) Mix water and baking soda to create a thick paste, and apply it to the area that was stung. This will help with the itching, swelling, and redness

(5) Apply a cold pack to reduce swelling. However, if the swelling moves to other parts of your body, such as your face or neck, go to the emergency room immediately, as you might be having an allergic reaction. Other signs of an allergic reaction include difficulty breathing, nausea, hives, or dizziness.

(6) Consider taking over-the-counter pain medication. Bee, wasp, and hornet stings are painful. Painkillers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen can help relieve the pain. Always follow the directions on the label and use the correct dose.

(7) Although most people do not experience severe reactions to bee stings, it's a good idea to keep an eye on anyone who has been stung in case they develop more serious symptoms. If you notice any signs of an allergic reaction, or if you or someone you know has been stung multiple times — particularly if he or she is a child — seek medical attention immediately.

Don'ts: If you want to get stung and ruin your whole day go ahead and do everything I am telling you not to do. ( That was sarcasm never do the following. )

(1) Throwing rooks at the bee or wasp nest. Really why would anyone do this?! Someone tell me!

(2) Using tweezers; pinching the stinger can inject more venom.

(3) Avoid scratching the sting area. This will worsen itching and swelling and increase your risk of infection.

( That is as much as I got. I have never been stung so if I missed anything please tell me in the comments. )

Fun fact: Bees fly about 20 mph.

Fun fact: Number of eggs laid by queen: 2,000 per day is the high.

Fun fact: Losing its stinger will cause a bee to die. Talk about taking one for the team.