HOW TO SURVIVE A SNAKE BITE!!!⚠️

Prevention: You might have heard someone say prevention is the best protection, and they are right. You always want to prevent a snake bite from happening. Here's how.

(1)Know if there are venomous snakes where you live.

(2) Read about the venomous snakes that live near you.

(3) Leaner where they live and when they are most active so you can avoid these arrears or at least stay away from them when the snakes are most likely to be hunting.

(4) Wear the right clothes. If you are going to be hiking wear hiking boots in most cases this will stop the fangs from getting through your boot, unlike sneakers. Wear long denim jeans, this may stop snakes with short fangs from biting you.

(5) Look out. Most snakes are great at camouflage and hied on leaves watch where you step. Some snakes will not be camouflaged and will be bright colors but don't touch them either. Many brightly colored things in nature can be poisonous, so it is best not to touch them.

(6) Stay back. Snacks will only bite you if you get too close, and scared them. Stay out of tall grass unless you checked it first and stay away from a sleeping snake. Well, you might want to take a selfie don't. Snakes hibernating and remember they don't like being woken up any more than you do.

(7) Identification. If you have studied snakes this gives you an advantage in knowing what types of snake bit you. If you are bitten by a snake take a pitcher of it so the dotter can know what antivenom to give you. If you don't have your phone on you, try to remember what the snake looked like so you can tell the doctor when you get to the hospital so they can have a better guess of what antivenom you need. I would not say this is good use every time, but identification isn't also important. Antivenoms have been known to work bites from snakes of the same family even if it was not the type of snake that bite you. But it is always a good idea to know what snake bit you.

Habit: Home is where the heart is but it can also be where the snake is.

(1) Learn about the habits of where the snakes that live near you so if you get bit in those arrears you can narrow it down to know what snake might have bitten you.

(2) Don't go into arrears where snakes live when they are going to be most active. They want to hunt and you don't want to get bit it's as simple as that.

(3) Different snakes live in different habits knowing which snakes live where can be life-saving. Signs and symptoms: Pay attention to the following snake bite signs and symptoms. This will vary depending on what snake bit you.

Signs and symptoms: Pay attention to the following snake bite signs and symptoms. This will vary depending on what snake bit you. 

(1) A pair of puncture marks at the wound. If the snake lost a fang there may only be one puncture mark but this does not mean you are any safer. Snakes can control how much venom will be injected even if it is through one fang.

(2) Redness and swelling around the bite.

(3) Severe pain at the site of the bite.

(4) Nausea and vomiting.

(5) Labored breathing (in extreme cases, breathing may stop altogether.)

(6) Disturbed vision.

(7) Increased salivation and sweating.

(8) Numbness or tingling around your face and/or limbs.

(9) Rapid heart rate, weak pulse, low blood pressure.

(10) Metallic, mint, or rubber taste in the mouth.

(11) Muscle twitching.

First aid: I hope with all my heart you will never have to use this.

(1)Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Dial 911 or call local Emergency Medical Services EMS

(2)Lay or sit down with the bite in a neutral position of comfort.

(3) Remove rings and watches before swelling starts. Do not remove any clothing it will make the venom travel faster.

(4) Stay calm. Packing will increase heart rate which will make the venom travel through your body faster.

(5) Don't move. Moving will increase heart rate which will make the venom travel through your body faster.

(6) Wash the bite with soap and water.

(7) Pressure immobilization. Applying the pressure immobilization bandage properly requires wrapping the entire affected extremity, and generating pressures between 40-70 mmHg in the upper extremity and 55-70 mmHg in the lower extremity. A practical estimation to achieve these pressure ranges is applying the bandage snug and comfortably tight, while still allowing a finger to be slipped under it. After the application of the pressure immobilization bandage is complete, the extremity should then be splinted and immobilized. A sling can be used to immobilize the upper extremity. Leave the tose or finers uncovered so that blood flow to the nail beds can be monitored. DO NOT USE THIS FOR VIPER BITES!

(8) Mark the leading edge of tenderness/swelling on the skin and write the time alongside it.

(9) Wiat. All you can do now is wait for the ambulance or helicopter to pick you up. Never try and drive yourself to the hospital.

Don'ts: No matter what never ever do the following!!! I mean ever!!!

(1) Suck out the venom. Not only is this a stupid idea from Hollywood, but a fatal mistake. But it doesn't work. Sucking the venom out can the poison to spread to the mouth, and the extractor pumps found in snake kits won't do any better.

(2) Cutting. Cutting the sink where the person was bitten will only cause more tissue damage and blood loss.

(3) Useing a tourniquet. Well, you might be asking what's the difference between using a tourniquet and pressure immobilization? Turns out a lot, like life or death. Studies have shown that confining the venom to an extremity where the bite occurred actually causes more damage to that area – without providing any benefit to the victim overall. Well using pressure immobilization This technique slows the lymphatic flow, and thus decreases the body's uptake of venom.

(4) Iceing it. Even though we use ice to bring down swelling on most things it will not help with a snake bite. Just because snakebites may cause swelling, that doesn't mean ice will deactivate the venom, so don't waste your time. And direct skin content with ice can cause nerve damage even if it's not on a snake bite putting cie on your skin is a stupid idea at the best of times.

(5) Shocking it. This is almost as stupid as saying suck out the venom is going to work, which it won't. Neither will shock treatments or electricity. Obviously, electric shock could also be dangerous to the patient.

(6) This is so stupid I can't believe I have to say this. But copperhead bites can kill you! Some people believe that the bite from a copperhead is harmless. It's not, well most copperhead bites are not fatal the only reason the is is because of antivenom. If you are bitten by a copperhead don't go about your day call 911. If anyone ever told you that the bit from a copperhead is harmless for your own safety and the safety of people around you don't listen to them in a medical emergency. 

Fun fact: Not all snakes lay eggs.

Fun fact: Snakes can't bite food so have to swallow it whole.

Fun fact: Snakes are found on every continent of the world except Antarctica.

( What I have written in this book is all true and backed up by Science, but I am only a 13 year old not a professional in medicine. I have told you all I know about treating snake bites but this information alone will not save your life. I will say this once and only once. Antivenom is the only cure for a snake bite at this time if bitten by any venomous snake get to the hospital. And if you want to learn more about snakes go to your local library and pick out some books on Serpentology or Ophiology it's the same thing. )