Ch 1

(Kai's Pov)

Making my way through the crowded backstage area of the award show I immediately hear two small voices whining. "Daddy we're tired and don't wanna walk anymore." I quickly look down at the two small children with a reassuring smile. "We're almost there I promise and then you can rest." I hear my son let out a small huff and see my daughter pout but thankfully they don't fuss anymore and I manage to make it backstage a few minutes before the group's performance starts. I'm a backup dancer for a few Kpop groups and I'm supposed to be in a performance with one of the groups tonight but I couldn't get ahold of my babysitter so I'm running late because I had to get my kids ready to come with me. Stopping at the side of the stage I quickly lead my kids off to a more secluded area and kneel down beside them giving a reassuring smile. "Alright just wait here while daddy goes to dance and when I'm done for the night we might go get ice cream. But you have to stay here and don't move from this spot or talk to anybody unless it's an emergency." They both nod we linking pinkies as a promise before I hear the call for the group I'm dancing with to be called to the stage I quickly rushing out onto stage and get into position before starting the routine of the night.

(Jacob's Pov)

Hanging around backstage with my other group members I laugh at a joke that's told when suddenly a pair of really young kids catch my attention. Observing the pair I see a young boy holding the hand of a little girl. Frowning a little I notice they seem to be looking for something so I silently slip off from my group and cautiously approach the kids making myself look as non threatening as possible. "Hey there. Are you two okay? I noticed you looking for something." The boy looks at me with his lips in a firm line when the girl suddenly squirms and tugs on the boys shirt trying to whisper but I hear what she says. "Kaden I really gotta potty." The boy looks hesitant before saying softly. "Reese we promised daddy we wouldn't talk to anyone except for emergencies." The little girl who's name I now know as Reese whines and starts fidgeting I deciding to speak up. "I can show you guys the bathroom. Sounds like your sister really needs it." I can see Kaden hesitate before giving me a wary look. "We aren't supposed to go with strangers." I give a little nod. "I'm glad you know that. But your sister really needs the bathroom." Seeing Kaden's wary look I immediately think of something. "My names Jacob by the way. And you guys are Kaden and Reese right? See now we aren't strangers anymore." Kaden hesitates before giving a small nod. "I guess so...." He looks over at his sister before turning back to me. "Can you show us the bathroom please Mr Jacob?" I nod smiling and carefully lead them to the bathrooms Reese immediately running into the women's room. Kaden fidgets and keeps looking back in the direction we came from an anxious look on his face. "So why are you guys here at the award show and hanging around backstage?" He looks up at me a slight frown on his little face. "Our daddy has to work tonight and couldn't get a babysitter." I nod looking curious. "What does your daddy do?" The little boy shrugs. "He's a backup dancer." Immediately a little intrigued I see Reese come back over to us a smile on her face as she stops at her brothers side. Kaden takes her hand and suddenly starts walking off I quickly following behind them to make sure they don't get hurt or lost. They make it to the side of the stage off into a little corner where I see a very attractive guy with light brown hair, pale skin and blue eyes talking to an older man it looking like they're arguing when suddenly the kids take off into a run to the young guy calling out in excitement "daddy!"