Ch 7

(Kai's Pov)

The next morning I make sure to get the kids dressed and ready before we head to the park I looking around before spotting a figure in a mask and cap that waves us over. I smile and head over with the kids they bouncing excitedly once they notice it's Jacob they both saying in unison. "Hi Mr Jacob!" He greets them both cheerfully and I smile down at the two kids. "Alright you can go on and play but stay where I can see you." They both nod giving an "okay daddy!" I watching as they run off to the slides. Smiling I take a seat beside Jacob who looks around before taking off his mask he giving me a bright smile that makes my heart skip a beat. I feel my cheeks tinting a little pink so I quickly look away clearing my throat. "I hope you weren't waiting long. It's a struggle getting both kids ready first thing." He immediately says reassuringly. "I wasn't waiting long you're fine." I give a little nod and look over at the playground area seeing Kaden and Reese over by the slides smiling when I see Kaden helping Reese down the big slide. "So if you don't mind me asking where's their mom?" I blink and look over at him with a little sad smile. "Their parents died in a bus accident shortly after moving here. I was close friends with them both and the kids didn't have any family to take them either here or in America so I adopted them. Kaden was two and Reese was just a few months. I've been their dad ever since." He blinks in surprise. "Wow that's really noble of you to take in two kids and raise them as your own." I shrug a little smile on my face. "It's nothing. I couldn't see my life without them." He smiles and I look up when Kaden and Reese come running over to us. "Daddy! Daddy can we get ice cream?"" I blink as they point at an ice cream cart nearby. I bite my lip as I think about the cost I going to say no but Jacob pipes up cheerfully. "Sure guys let's go." I blink and go to protest but Jacob just gives me a kind smile. "Don't worry it's on me." He then gets up and lets the kids drag him over to the ice cream cart I watching with a little smile my heart skipping a beat. As I watch them head to the ice cream cart I don't notice a guy approaching me until he clears his throat making me turn around. "Hey there gorgeous. I saw you sitting over here and thought I'd come say hello." I raise an eyebrow eyeing him warily. "Sorry I'm not interested." He frowns before taking a seat beside me and moves close to me wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "Oh come on now you won't even give me a chance?" I frown feeling really uncomfortable. "Sorry but no. Now could you please back up and leave me alone?" He goes to say something when I hear a throat clear me and the guy both looking up to see Jacob he giving a bright smile. "Hey babe I brought you an ice cream. The kids already ate theirs and ran off to play again." The man immediately backs off and gets up rushing off at the mention of kids I immediately feeling relieved. "Thank you Jacob he wouldn't leave me alone." He takes the seat beside me again and hands me my favorite ice cream I smiling happily. "Yeah I saw you looked uncomfortable." I hum and start eating my ice cream happily before speaking up. "I hate guys who try to pressure you into a date." He chuckles softly and I raise an eyebrow at him. "What?" He smiles and motions to his mouth. "You have ice cream on your mouth." I frown and try to wipe it off he smiling softly and leans forward gently wiping the corner of my mouth with his thumb before he licks the ice cream off of it I feeling my face heat up. "T.... Thanks." He smiles and I look away shyly to check on the kids I seeing them playing tag when I notice some clouds starting to move in. "Uh oh we better leave before it rains." I get up and call for the kids Jacob getting up as well. "Did you drive here?" I shake my head. "No we walked." He frowns slightly. "Let me drive you guys home. It'll probably start raining before you get home." I go to protest but he gives me a kind smile. "I insist." My lips twitch up into a little smile. "Alright then. Thank you Jacob." Soon the kids run over pouting. "Daddy we don't wanna leave." I smile softly. "I know but it's going to rain soon." They look at each other before looking up at me pleadingly. "Can mr Jacob stay for dinner?" I blink in surprise. "I don't know guys he probably has to get home." They both give me sad looks Jacob speaking up cheerfully. "I'd love to stay for dinner." I blink at him in surprise he just giving me a smile and I can't help but smile back. "Alright then let's go." He nods and we start heading for his car we all getting in and start heading to my apartment.