Is stranding people on an island ethical?

After what I would describe as the most terrifying ride of my insignificant life, Hagrid and I finally came to a stop.

"What the-" I take a deep breath in.
"Hagrid you weren't kidding about the magic thing... but you said we are here to pick someone up... Why are we in the middle of who knows where next to a lighthouse!?" I say questioningly looking at him as he pushes a random boat away from shore.

"Hagrid what are you doing?" I ask

"Nothing much lass, just making sure that some convicts can't escape" he says oddly casually however I don't care as it doesn't concern me.

Hagrid walks up the lighthouse, each step slamming onto the ground, thunderous and imposing. He then reaches the door and grabs the ends of it. Before I can even be confused, he rips the door straight off its hinges and tosses it aside like worthless dross. On the other side stood a boy on the ground, cowering, with three people I assume are his family shaking in fright.

'Am I sure this guy isn't mugging them? This feels really illegal.' I thought as I decided to back up so as to not let them see me lest they call the... sea police.
'Can't let myself be incriminated. I'll just tell them i was forced along'

Hagrid stays inside there for a few minutes before walking out with a boy. He had black hair in a bowl cut and small round glasses.
'Still in pyjamas, he was clearly asleep. Poor boy'. Hagrid and the boy stroll up to me, guessing that this is introduction time I gave the normal platitudes

"Greetings, I'm Y/N L/N" I look at the boy as he stares back at me inquisitively.

"I'm Harry. Harry Potter" he replies before putting his hand out. For some reason instead of being a normal person I decided to slap his hand back and forth before making a fist and hitting his hand up and down. Stunned at this clearly unprovoked, unprompted and unneeded handshake he just looks at me awkwardly.

'BITCH WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!'I mentally scream at myself
'I DON'T KNOW!' I shout back mentally dying through this entire exchange.

"Well that's one heck of a handshake!" Hagrid exclaimed, laughing at the awkward tension I created. In an attempt to try and dispel the awkward feeling he decides to move us on.
"Let's go kids. We need to get you all ready for your time at... Hogwarts" He shouts enthusiastically.