Is traumatising a teacher THAT bad?

The sorting ceremony came to a close and we were whisked away towards our houses.

"So you're telling me some rich magic punk came over and proceeded to verbally destroy Harry and Ron?" I asked as we walked towards the Gryffindor house.

"Yeah. That boy named Mal-" Ron attempted to respond.

"AND I MISSED THAT! Damn it" I said not even hiding my annoyance at this missed opportunity. The others proceeded to talk amongst themselves about 'their first day and such' completely ignoring my loss of prime entertainment.

Soon we reach the dormitory and stepped into the common room. Grey brick walls with a royal red and black accents adorned the room along with a roaring fire place.
"Ohhhh this is nice! This all for us? Damn. I fully expected something different." I said in amazement.

"What did you expect?" Asked Harry

"A lot worse to be honest. God! I really need to up my standards, this is a magic school." After some more surprisingly pleasant chatting, we all retreated towards our rooms for bed.
——
[The next day]

'I understand that going to a magic school is still school... but like why am I in the driest class ever?' I think to myself. 'The first class we have is potion making but the teacher isn't even here yet.'

And with a slam, the door swung open and a man in all black with a dissatisfied and disappointed and permanent resting face walked in.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class..." he lectured. He rattled on about how potion making is a subtle science and how he had low expectations of us.

'Me too buddy. Me too. I have no faith in myself' i thought before I continued listening. As the professor started listing things he could teach us like 'bottling glory' I glanced over to see Harry writing. 'Writing down what he said no doubt.' 

Turns out I wasn't the only one who noticed, the depressed-looking professor saw as well and focused on the poor boy.

"But then again, someone of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel comfortable enough to NOT pay attention" he spoke with the annoyance a teacher has when they catch you doing homework for another class during their lesson.

Severus Snape begins to walk closer to Harry with the same annoyed stare.
"Mister Potter... our new celebrity" he said, each word emphasised to highlight Harry. "Potter! What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" He asked, his eyes glaring at Harry to answer.

'Why is this random dude who looks like he scares kids for fun- never mind he is totally doing this for fun!' I think to myself. 'That question definitely means something. Thank god I permanently borrowed this book on flower language from someone conveniently'

As Professor Snape finished chastising Harry Potter, I carried on my pursuit on the answer.

Class soon came to an end and we were heading out of the classroom. As everyone walked out of the room, I stayed behind briefly.

"Miss L/N... is there something you'd like to ask?" Professor Snape inquired, his gangly weird present looming over me.

"Professor Snake... was it?"

"Professor Snape"

"I don't really care. What you did to Harry wasn't very nice."

"I was only punishing a student who wasn't paying attention" he said with the same condescending tone that I don't particularly like.

"Let's say you were, why did you single him out. I was blatantly not paying attention to anything you said" i bluntly spoke as i checked my nails.

"You weren't"

"I was playing sudoku, I don't see how I was paying any attention. Anyway that doesn't matter, for an old man in his 50s-"

"I'm in my early 30s" he said as he walked away to his desk and began writing something.

"You are?! ...Same thing. Don't interrupt me. For an adult to bully a kid, I'm sensing a personal vendetta against him." I said as I stared him in the eyes.

"Don't be foolish. I treat all students the same." He said before looking back down to the papers as I began to walk to the exit

"Sure sure, whatever you say, but."

"But what Miss L/N"

"Just cause the Lily withered, does not mean the seed should be condemned"

"Uh Miss L/N where did you-" and as Professor Snape looked up, I had left the room and disappeared.

I ran and ran towards the field to meet up with Harry and the others. My body might as well have collapsed right there from exhaustion as soon as I made it to them.

"Y/N! Why did you run!" Harry exclaimed as he saw me heavily panting.

"I-... NEEDED-... to make-... a dramatic-... exit!" I said through my panting. Harry, Ron and Hermione just stared at my practically dying self.

I finally caught my breath enough to ask.
"What class even is this?"

"Flying on Brooms!" A loud voice called out.