Getting into my house

After my apparent horrific display of food consumption which is a so called 'Violation of the laws of eating' according to Ron, we all carried on casually chatting.

"As I was saying, at SwinePimples can we learn how to fight with magic" i ask

"Of course we will" says an unfamiliar female voice. We all turn in the direction of the voice. Standing at the cabin door was a young girl.
"And the schools name is Hogwarts. To call it anything but that would be rude."

"Who are you?" asked Ron.

"The name is Hermione Granger. What about you all?" Hermione replied with as she sad down on the coach.

"Harry Potter"

"Ron Weasley"

"Y/N" We all said our names a bit bewildered at the girl just walking into our cabin, however I really didn't care as I felt things may get interesting.

Hermione then stared at Harry's forehead before gesturing him to move his bangs.
"What an unusual scar. Oh my apologies I said that without thinking!" Hermione apologised quickly. I, not wanting to pass up an opportunity, quickly say.

"And here I was just wandering if you wanted to see his massive forehead." I say purposefully sounding absentminded. Before they can rebuttal I quickly change the topic.

"So what's Hogwarts like?" I know I'm asking people who haven't set foot there yet but Ron and Hermione should know more about it than Harry and I.

"Oh in Hogwarts you get sorted into houses. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Personally I think Gryffindor is the best house to be in" Hermione said with pride while Ron nodded with her.

"What about spells. Do we learn spells that can kill our opponents? Blow up things? Erase someone's existence?" I say rapidly with a bit too much excitement that caused them to just stare at me uncomfortably.

"No I don't think so." Ron said before whispering to Harry and Hermione. "I think I know what house she is getting into".
———
After the train stopped we had to take a boat just to enter Hogwarts grounds. We were on our way to the sorting ceremony.

"Where's Y/N" Harry called out noticing I was missing from the sorting ceremony. I just covertly walk out from who knows where and snuck up on the group.

"Boo! Did I scare you? I didn't did I?" I asked.

"Where were you?" They asked trying to be as quiet as possible while still shouting at me.

"Oh just had a little chat with someone" I cryptically told them before shushing them as the sorting ceremony began.

The teacher revealed the hat and explained the sorting process. Soon the talking headwear began being placed on the heads of the new students.

"Gryffindor!"

"Ravenclaw!"

"Slytherin!"

"Hufflepuff!"

The hat shouted loud enough it's voice reverberated off the walls. It soon sorted Harry, Hermione and Ron, giving Harry an especially long talk before shouting 'GRYFFINDOR'.
'Am I sensing favouritism from that crusty hat?'

Soon it was my turn to get chosen. I walk up confidently and sit down in the chair. As the hat is placed on me I feel it... shudder in fear as it figures out what to do.

"Remember what I said!" I whispered quietly without my lips moving like a ventriloquist.

The hat fake coughed before replying loudly.
"Ooo yes missy, I'm sensing some heroic, righteous and courageous energy from you. But I also sense some-" The hat gets cut off by just the sound of my fingers cracking loudly.

"Gry-GRYFFINDOR!!!" It shouted loudly, unlike the others yells that were filled with boisterous energy, mine sounded forced and fearful.

The teacher and my new friends were shocked at this.
"Sorting Hat, are you sure? I feel like Slytheri-"

"No no. Gryffindor it is. I don't make mistakes." The Sorting Hat quickly responded. "NEXT STUDENT!"

The dusty rag was removed from my head and I skipped over to the others.
"Yay we are all in the same house! What a surprise! I guess we all courageous tigers."

"It's a lion" Ron piped up

"I don't care ginger."

"I'm surprised. I truly thought you'd be in Slytherin!" Said Hermione.

"Well what can I say, I'm ambitious but not devious in anyway." I said grinning innocently.
——
[Before the Sorting Ceremony]

"Look here you worn out, dusty ass piece of scrap fabric made in a year 7 textiles class!" I said gripping the old piece of off season headwear.
"I heard that Gryffindor is the best household. Sort me in it"

"I can't do that-" it shouted in protest.

"I don't give a flying broomstick. If you won't do it then I just need to do something a bit more... painful." I say brandishing a sewing kit.

"I HAVE NO NERVES. I FEEL NO PAIN"

"Keep saying that when I turn you into a pair of socks." I said drawing lines into the hat marking out where to cut. The hat imagined itself as the 'Sorting Socks' and somehow began sweating from disgust of the idea of having to sort students.

"No no no! I YIELD!" The hat cried out screaming in fear and panic as it saw my weirdly sharp £3.99 scissors.

"Good! Remember I'm a Gryffindor. Try anything and I'm coming back for you even if I'm dragged away!"
——
[Back at the ceremony]

"I'm just a nice person" I said as I glared at the hat.

It was shaking in horror before requesting to leave.