Chapter 6

It was another dreadful day in the office. Another day of work, another out of his comfortable bed, and another day of having to see Kayla's face. Each and every time he saw her, he was reminded of her betrayal. He was reminded of how he went above and beyond for her, and she still cheated.

But, that was life. And plus, karma's a bitch.

Taehyung sat in his office chair, scrolling  on his phone with a bewildered look on his face. His bestfriend who slept with his girlfriend was messaging him asking to meet up and talk.

Taehyung didn't want to meet up and talk. He didn't want to see his face feel his presence and he definitely didn't want to talk to him. As a matter of a fact he swore that he blocked the man's number when he found out the truth but it turns out he didn't.

The ravenette sighed and shook his head. He placed his phone into his laptop bag and got back to work. Not even five minutes after, that annoying voice he once loved but now dreaded hearing was heard.

"Hey..." The woman said towards Taehyung. The ravenette leaned back into his office chair. "Mhm." He hummed and looked up at the woman who had a hurt look in his eyes.

"Um... The new Italian restaurant down down the street is opening tonight, and I was wondering if you wanted to join me for dinner?"

Taehyungs heart ached. The love he felt for this woman was more than the resentment. He wanted to take up that offer and just as he was about to someone else spoke.

"He's already going with me."

Jungkook. Of course it had to be Jungkook.

Kayla looked at Jungkook, then Taehyung. She cleared he throat and took a deep breath, "Maybe another time then. I'll message you later." The woman swiftly walked away, her heels clicking against the ground while she twiddled with her fingers.

"What the fuck?!" Taehyung whispered. Jungkook smirked, "I'll see you tonight. "

"I'm not going anywhere with you!" Jungkook chuckled and the elder male and shook his head."You're saying that as if you have a choice."

"I do ha-"

"No. You don't have a choice. You're going to dinner with me whether you like it or not." Taehyung raised an eyebrow and huffed.

"I'm not going anywhere."

Jungkook smirked, "we'll see about that. Be ready for eight. " He blew a kiss at Taehyung before walking away, a small chuckled leaving his throat. Taehyung rolled his eyes and turned his chair back to his work station.

He was not going to dinner with Jeon Jungkook.

-

Taehyung got home from work at 6:30pm and laid on his couch with Gina lying just below him.

At 7pm, he found himself looking in his closet at his dress shirts. At 7:30, he found himself in the shower. At 7:45, he found himself doing his hair. At 7:50, he was back to looking in his closet, trying to decide what he would wear. At 7:55, he heard a car pull up in front of his house, and at 7:57, he heard his doorbell ring.

Taehyung gulped and got up from his bed. He .ade his way from his room and to his door where Gina was already standing. She always had a habit of wanting to greet someone at the door.

"Who is it?" The man asked while placing his hand on the door handle.

"Open the door and find out."

It was Jungkook. Of course.

How did he even know where he lived?

Taehyung closed his eyes and unlocked the door, opening it, and there stood Jungkook. Dressed in all black, his hands in his pockets, and his hair slicked back, a single curl in his face.

The younger man looked Taehyung up and down, raising one eyebrow. "I thought I said to be ready by eight."

Taehyung cleared his throat and crossed his arms over his bare chest, "I told you I wasn't going anywhere with you." Jungkook hummed, and a smirk creeped onto his face.

"And I told you that you didn't have a choice. Go get ready..." taehyung cocked his eyes at the younger man in response, "I said I'm not going anywhere-" before he could even finish his sentence, Jungkook pushed pass him and stepped inside the house, walking in and seating himself in Taehyungs couch.

"I can do this all night, you know.  Just go get dressed."

Taheyung shut the door and walked towards Jungkook, Gina still at his feet, "How the fuck do you even know where I live. Have you been fucking stalking me?!" Jungkok laughed and slightly through his head back before looking the older male dead in his eyes.

"You really don't remember do you?" He asked, and Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows.

"Remember what?"

Jungkook hummed and nodded his head, spreading his arms across the back of the chair and leaning back, "You owe me. I brought you home after that night out at the club and you threw up all over me. Don't you remember?"

No. He did, in fact, not remember.

Taehyung rolled his eyes and sighed before finally settling. "Give me five minutes, I'll be ready." He said before walking away.

Jungkook smiled and eyed the man's every move.

He always got his way.

-

Nice slow and steady

Not proofread. Sorry for any errors.