Heartless Whispers - 1

(K)

Todays the day I return to Inazuma. The rest of the Crux Fleet has been preparing to set sail for a couple days now. I'd say I'm excited, as to not worry Captain Beidou, but in all honesty, I'm terrified. I'm a wanted criminal in Inazuma, what I did back then was an act of treason. I challenged the Shogun, I defied the Vision Hunt Decree. In two ways. I owned a Vision, it was very precious to me, losing my vision would be like losing my person, losing myself. I also snatched my late friend's vision. His was Electro, mine Anemo.

Ever since I left, I've been trying to find someone to rekindle it. I thought The Crux Clash would've found someone that could light it once again. I'm thankful for the Traveller, I really do hope that he find his sister. If it wasn't for him, my late friend's vision would've been stolen right from my hands. That would've been devastating, my last memory of Tomo, gone.

I let my thoughts fly away as Captain Beidou calls out to the crew that we're leaving. I stand up off of the box I was sitting on and walk onto the Crux.

"Hey kiddo! You ready to set sail?" - Beidou

"Yes, the wind shows calm seas, a fair journey." - Kazuha

"Ay ay! There's the Kazuha I know! We'll be all good 'till the Inazuman border." - Beidou

"Haha, yes, I'm glad. I believe the Sakoku Decree and the Vision Hunt Decree have not yet been abolished, we must be careful, you and I both bear Visions of our own" - Kazuha

"Yea they haven't. We'll stay on guard, I'll keep to Ritou. You just be careful out there" - Beidou

"I will, Captain Beidou." - Kazuha

"Aye aye! Thanks Kazuha! You've made a fine addition to our crew!" - Beidou

"It's my pleasure Captain. I couldn't thank you enough for saving me that day. I wouldn't have been able to swim to Liyue Harbour, you truly saved me that day." - Kazuha

"Hahah! You're welcome kiddo" - Beidou

I smile at her and walk away. I made my way to the side deck and took my seat in the position that the wind shall blow today. Through many years of being a wanderer, I've began to pick up on the scents and whispers of the wind. It's helpful, it shows me the weather, the mood, the happenings of the day. I plan my journey based on the whispers of the wind.

There's scents of the wind that I don't tell Captain Beidou. There's danger, drama, and mystery. There seems to be a new face in Inazuma, and they don't seem friendly.

(S)

Stupid mission. I've been tasked with retrieving Beelezebul's gnosis. It was originally Baal's but yk she's dead. That damn gnosis should've been mine in the first place. If only my fucked up body accepted it, I could've been the archon of these shitty islands. I would've been Kabukimono, or Kunikuzushi, Archon of Inazuma. Me.

I swear I should've been higher in rank. The Harbingers class things stupidly. My full power hasn't even been shown yet. La Signora is also here for the Gnosis. She took Barbatos's and made a contract with Morax for his.

I have no clue why the Tsaritsa wants the Gnoses, probably to fuck with the Celestial Gods, the 'Heavenly Principles' maybe. Yk, with all 7 Gnoses, the gaze of the divine would surely be awakened somehow.

Oh well. I've been distributing delusions for the Fatui, the factory is on Yashiori Island. It's next to Kannazuka, or better known to me, Tatarasuna. Little Kunikuzshi was oblivious to the happenings of the Mikage Furnace. It was all my fault.

Apparently the elusive 'Traveller' is now in Inazuma. I wonder how that's going for him. I hope it's horrible. I'll wreak some havoc on Narukami Island today. Distribute a delusion or two, stalk the happenings of current clans or commissions, The Tenryou Commission, The Yashiro Commission and the Kanjou Commission. There's also the Kamisato clan now. Along with the Kaedahara clan...

It brings back memories of my past, my time training as a swordsmith, and Niwa. Apparently there's a descendant of the Kaedahara clan in Inazuma currently. I believe his name is Kaedahara Kazuha. Weird.

I'll fuck around with a couple of 'em. Mess with their main areas of focus. 'Borrow' some of the Tenryou's weaponry, screw up the trade routes for Kanjou, mess with the minds of the public for the Yashiro Commission. That'll be easy. Just station my subordinates on the trade routes, take training equipment, and spread rumours through my subordinates.

Actually, I quite like fighting. I'll do it myself. It's easy, the suffering of others amuses me. Idc how weird that is. I don't give a shit. I'm not like Childe, who fights for fun, for experience, I've been gaining experience for over 500 years. He's emotional, too fragile to be anywhere amidst the happenings of the Fatui. He's capable of heartache. Something that I could never feel. There's just a hole in my chest. Under my shirt is just a hole. It radiates Electro energy, just a hole into my system. It's amusing when lowly Treasure Hoarders or rebelling subordinates of mine make an attempt to stab me through the heart and their met with an electric shock and a shocked recoil as they realise I'm actually completely heartless.

All the people that call me heartless, completely free of empathy, are correct. I have no heart. I'm not programmed to have empathy. Well, I might be. I don't know. I've just never given enough of a shit about anyone after the incidents in my past.

I doubt that'll ever change. No mortal can strike up a flame in a heart that doesn't exist at all. No mortal can make a nonexistent heart ache.

Childe is a fool. He's too easily tricked. His mistakes are where I'm programmed to never fall victim to. Emotions, empathy, aging, none of it affects me at all.

I still feel pain. I bleed, like mortals. My joints are obviously inhuman. Anywhere that bends as all ball joints. Even if someone believes I'm human, I just have to show them my arms, my neck, my legs, my wrists, all obviously not human. I'd never want to hide it but I'm able to. When I need to blend into the public, it's like I can flip a switch in my head that hides my joints, my fucked up features.

I hate these missions. They're all useless. If the Tsaritsa is so 'strong and capable' then she can get her own fucking Gnoses. So stupid. Oh. I'm here. Time flies when I'm in my head. Ew.