Unacceptable Missions - 10

(S)

Kazuha seems to notice my situation and waves a goodbye to Beidou. I don't know if that makes this worse or better.

I help him and I return to Shakkei Pavilion. He sets me now inside the cave that surrounds my residence.

"Are you okay Kunikuzushi?" Kazuha says, sitting down next to me.

"I'm fine." I say flatly.

If a Fatui Diplomat shows up right now, I will tear their head off.

Just as I think that, I hear tired running followed my heavy breathing coming up to the outside of the cave. Switching to my 1st form, I stand up, Kazuha and I exchange a silent conversation. I tell him that it's one of my subordinates, he understands, kisses me on the cheek as I stand up and walk outside the cave.

"Lord Scaramouche!" The exhausted diplomat exclaims rather loudly.

"What do you want?" I say hinting my dislike of the man with my tone.

He sinks to his knees and dips his head to the floor.

"Speak." I order

"H-her Majesty The Tsaritsa has issued you a new mission! You must eliminate both the Kamisato Clan and the Kaedahara Clan, Her Majesty wishes that the only collective organisation in Inazuma is the Fatui." My subordinate says, raising his head to look in my direction.

"Huh? And why did she send you to tell me instead of telling me herself? Larger missions are assigned by The Tsaritsa herslelf. Do you dare speak on her behalf?" I glare at the sweating man pathetically staring up at me, as I speak his eyes flood with fear.

"No! L-Lord Scaramouche, the letter is here!" He utters frantically searching his pockets.

"Don't test my patience." He warn his, preparing myself to zap his head clean off

"Oh my god— oh uhm! I'm sorry Lord Scaramouche I deeply apologise!" He says rather rudely before correcting himself

"I said don't test my patience. You better pray that your blood doesn't stain the letter."

With one swish of my hand, the man's head flies off, falling hard on the floor behind him.

"Tch."

As I kneel down, Kazuha walks out of the cave, clearly startled at the scream.

He freezes as he lays eyes on the lifeless mortal before me. I eventually pull the letter out of his left pocket.

"W-wha— I..." Kazuha fails to get his words out

"Relax, it's nothing. I must talk to you about my mission." I say, wanting to avoid the death of Kazuha as much as possible.

Using my connection to Electro once again, I set the body alight in blazing purple flames, they burn far hotter than ordinary fire.

I take Kazuha back to the cave, sit him down with me as I open the letter. I begin to read it:

'To Lord Scaramouche,

Due to the smooth sailing of your current mission, you have been assigned another. It is once again in Inazuma. I believe this should be an easy task for you. You shall eliminate the remaining members of both the Kamisato and Kaedahra Clan, you shall be completing this mission along side No.11, Childe.

You may complete this mission my any means of murder. Childe shall be working alongside you, he'll be arriving in Inazuma in 10 days starting as of the 7th of August, he shall arrive on the 17th.

This mission is for you to show Childe the potential of the Harbingers along with showing Inazuma the Fatui's unmatchable strength

I wish you luck, Lord Scaramouche.

Kind regards, The Tsaritsa.'

I recoil at the task assigned to me. I'll never. I'll never lay a finger on Kazuha with bad intention. If Childe wants be to, I'll tear his head off of his body and feed it to his pathetic family back in Shneznaya.

"I-it's fine... y-you can kill me, n-nothing comes b-between you're m-mission and you" Kazuha says quietly.

He stands up, leaving himself open to attack. My nonexistent heart seems to crack further at his actions.

As I rise to my feet, Kazuha's shining red eyes fill with tears as I walk towards the defenceless boy, his Katana laid sheathed on the grass beside his feet. Kazuha prepares himself for the pain that he thought was to follow.

He closes his eyes tightly as I stop, my face centimetres away from his. Instead of piercing his solemn heart with spikes of Electro energy, I pull the boy into an embrace, laying one hand on the back of his head which he rests upon my shoulder.

"I'd never, Kaedahara. You could promise me an Electro Gnosis and I still wouldn't" I speak slowly as Kazuha wraps his arms around my waist.

He's shaking and holding me tightly.

"R-really...? You wouldn't? But what about No.11? Won't he kill me even if you don't?" Kazuha asks through the tears still rolling down his face.

"He's a mortal. He's weak and too overconfident. I could kill him without so much as breaking a sweat." I assure the boy in my arms.

"That's comforting to know, thank you, Scaramouche" he thanks me, loosening his grip on me.

"Childe, the 11th Harbinger shall be arriving in 10 days, probably 11 if it's Childe but I can't help that. When he's in Inazuma, stay on guard at all times. If he tries to attack you, I'll dismember his limbs before your eyes and burn them 'till there's only ashes left behind." I promise Kazuha

"Please don't. I do not think my stomach can take that." He says, pulling back to kiss me on the cheek.

"Only if you insist." I relent

"What are you going to do about the Kamisato Clan?" Kazuha asks, looking up at me

"Oh? The Kamisato Clan... I have nothing against them so what do you think, Kazuha?" I propose the idea of his choosing to him

"Me..? Well I wouldn't say I have a choice but, the Kamisato Clan have been good to me, they have been good to the citizens of Inazuma. Inazuma would fall to ruin without them" Kazuha tells me

"Hm. Okay, I won't kill them." I agree with him

"Thank you, love"