Chapter Six: Winner this Time Around

"Thank you, Peter. And I'm sorry, again, Celphius for having to treat you roughly." I push up my glasses and smile. I was trying to hide my nervousness. I was (and am) a terrible liar. Plus, I barely knew these people. They could be killers and lying about the whole spider-man thing (although, I really, really doubted they were). "It's fine. I'd prefer if you'd just ask me again next time instead of using force."

"Haha, yeah, sorry about that." Peter says while smiling sheepishly.

I am led to Miguel's office (lab?) by Peter and Jess, who are deeply focused on a conversation together about whether they should called the multiverse the spider-verse or the poly-arachnid-something or other.

As we get closer, I begin to fidget with my white coat and slick back my partly grey hair with my hand as if I was going to a job interview. 'Miguel' sounds like a tough... boss?

>>Oh, and before they started bringing me to him, they explained about all the spider-men here and what their multi-universal organization is for.

I knew I was right about Peter being a knock-off spiderman.

Or maybe, was I the knock-off?

Oddly, when I arrived, I didn't 'glitch'. It was like I belonged to both universes.<<

Anyways, I was also nervous about meeting Nueva York's spiderman for a different reason: as soon as I came here, I became a huge fan of his. I even had a little celebrity crush on him. So I felt excited to see what he looked like under his mask, as his fan.

I have to admit, he was a cooler spiderman than I was. I mean, he even has fangs and claws. But obviously, it's not anything serious. It's like seeing some random actor on TV that you think looks cool.

I never thought he'd be thought of by his peers as a pain, though.

However, again, as his fan, I'm excited to be able to help him. I was told he often gets pretty hurt on missions, and never has anyone help him, so he's very scarred and it's effecting his well-being.

I push up my glasses.

If he ever gets seriously hurt, I've decided to use my powers and transfer the wounds to myself, and pretend that I'm just healing him inconsequentially.

_____________________________________

A/N: a bit of a shorter chapter because of the longer one b4 (im so sleep deprived help)