Chapter Ten: Lift Me Down

We finally made it to his balcony, and I already felt exhausted.

As I land, I sigh and slouch back into my regular posture. Miguel takes no time to make his spider-suit invisible and walk sternly to his bedroom, presumably to change.

I scan his apartment with my eyes.

It's extremely nice, yet simplistic, with very little furniture inside. However, to make up for that, most of the furniture was marble or velvet with a white or grey finish. It was boring and beautiful at the same time.

I can only stand still on his terrace, wondering if I should step inside.

A few minutes later, I steel my resolve, take off my shoes, and walk into his apartment.

His terrace was connected to his living room, which was also connected to his spacious kitchen. It seemed almost unused.

Does he just not cook at all? With a kitchen like that?

I look around myself some more.

I spot the door he walked into, and then the door next to it that was most likely the door to the guest bedroom. But I wasn't going to test my luck and waltz in there. Miguel, right now, seems like he's ready to literally bite someone's head off.

He definitely isn't like this all the time though. On TV, he's always so comforting and charismatic.

Hopefully, he's not just a good actor.

I settle myself on his couch, making sure I don't get too comfortable. It was stiff, and just like his kitchen, seemed barely used. How often does he go home? Does he just work all the time?

I sigh, and instead of coming up with useless questions, I start to daydream. It's always been a hobby of mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm a pirate, overlooking the vast ocean, while the sun was at its peak. Next to me is my captain, Miguel, ordering his crew around. He catches me looking, and my face burns up. I turn to look away, but he holds my chin in his hands and turns my face towards him.

"Oh? What do we have here?" He says in a voice that makes my heart flutter.

Noticing this, he smirks.

"Are you embarrassed? By what?" He says teasingly.

"I-"

He leans in slowly for a kiss, and right when his lips brush against mine, I hear a door open stiffly— just in time.