Chapter Fourteen: Fool?

I move towards his abdomen, and place the mechanical ice-pack on it. As the one before did, it melted around the places affected.

"Are you not going to use your 'powers'?" Miguel inquired.

Flustered by his question, I think of the best half-truth to reply with. "Well, my power's a little draining, so I'll only use it in emergencies. However, my promise that you'll only have to rest for three days still holds true. Don't worry."

He sighs and motions for me to leave the room.

When I reach his doorway, I turn around. "Again, I'll be taking care of you for the next three days, meaning that you need to stay in bed and let me take care of you. The day after next you can start exercising again, if all goes well."

He grunts a "yes" and I step out the doorway and close the door behind me. Ok, holy fuck, thank god nothing happened. But what am I going to do now? I'm not going to touch myself to someone I'm in the same hou- apartment with. That's just... nasty. Should I just wait it out? Yeah. That sounds best. I arrive in what I hoped was the guest bedroom, that Jess had explained earlier is where i'm staying. It was even plainer than the rest of the house, having only a single twin-sized bed along with a dresser on its right. Towards the left of the bed was the bathroom, which I stepped into and slipped off my clothes. I felt kind of disgusting in them, as they were almost soaking in sweat that I managed to hide with my coat. I was a nervous-sweater, and being fucking kidnapped made me pretty nervous.

In the relatively small bathroom, there was a shower tucked in the corner, and next to it, a toilet. On the other side of the bathroom, there was a sink, and a mirror above it. I look at myself.

My posture was horrible, and the bags under my eyes seemed to be even worse than this morning. I try to stand tall, and my back cracks. I'm too young for this shit to be happening already. I stretch my arms above my head, to which they also crack. The only good thing I could spot about the current state of my body is that I was still well-built up. I have broad shoulders, and defined arm and leg muscles, although I still remain rather lanky.

The one thing I kept from my old life was my habit of exercising every night, hence my muscles. I'll try and figure out a way to, later tonight. I then decide turn around and finally go in the shower.

_____________________________________
A/N: back from break 🙏🙏