Meet The Family

We arrive at the hospital and we go up to the floor my dad is staying on. I knock on the door, and am told to come in. We walk through the door and my parents look over and then they have a surprised face. "Hey guys this is my friend from work, Gionna. She's gonna stay with me in my old room.", I introduce my parents to Gi. "My stepmom gets up and comes over and gives her a hug when Gi went for a handshake. "No babygirl I'm a hugger. Hi, I'm Michele. This is his Dad, Gino.", my step mom says. "A hugger? You? Shit, I want one.", I announce as I walk towards her with my arms open, only to be met with a punch to the gut. That was typically what happened when I went for a hug. That was just our relationship. We laughed. "I didn't say I was gonna hug you kid", Michele said. "You gave her a hug", I exclaimed as I held my stomach. This dynamic drew out a laugh from Gionna. My Father and her met each other and we all sat down. My dad winced as he sat up. "When you said you were bringing a friend with you from work, we didn't expect it would be a lady friend.", my dad pointed out. My cheeks became red as I give him a look. "Dad!", I whispered. "Well he said he felt overwhelmed coming home after being gone for so long, so I told him he needed a bit of work to help him feel balanced out.", Gionna explained to my folks. "Well thanks for looking out for my 12 year old boy.", Dad pokes fun at me. He always said that I was a 12 year old trapped in a whatever age I was body. "Jokes aside we do appreciate the fact that you're looking out for him.", My stepmom said. They always felt like I had to have someone to keep an eye on me. "I can see that. He was so anxious that had to force him to eat. He also needs to get some rest whenever we get back to the house. He drove so that I could rest and sleep on the way here. He's really sweet and watched out for me as well.', Gionna mentions. We converse a bit more before I began to yawn and my road trip partner decided it was time for me to get some rest since I've been up for so long. My parents agreed as we said our goodbyes and headed back to the house. As I drove home the Mrs. Money In The Bank winner started conversation after examining my arms. "Have I ever mentioned how much I love your tattoos?", she asks. I take a quick glance at the art work on my arms before responding, "I don't think you've mentioned it." I think of it as just a throw away question but she decides to go into further detail. "They're so well done. Very well shaded and colored. I love them.", she starts before she looks at my left wrist as it's on display by being the only hand I have on the steering wheel. She kinda leans in a small bit and adjusts her glasses to read one of them. "That spider web one. The one that says 'You're My Path'. Is there a meaning to that one?", she inspects. I look down at it and grin a bit. "Uh yeah it has meaning to me but it's kind of dumb. I wouldn't wanna bore you with the silly details.", I claim. "Fine", she responds. With my focus on the road, I can see out the corner of my eye she's crossed her arms and faces toward to window. She's pouting. "Gi?", I ask. I'm met with no response. "Gi stop it's not a big deal.", I call out to her. She hasn't budged. She insists on keeping it up too. She's good. "Gi would you talk to me?", I plead with her. After a few moments I give in. "Fine I'll tell you." She immediately turns back and smiles with her adorable laugh. "I knew I could break you. Okay spill", she said. "It's gonna sound dumb, but The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is one of, if not, my favorite movie of all time. It's a very hot take but ever since those movies came out, Andrew Garfield has been my favorite Spider-Man. His chemistry with Emma Stone, who plays his love interest Gwen Stacy, is unmatched. That's the kind of love and relationship I've always wanted. At the end when he tried to catch her from falling when he shoots the web it kind of forms a hand reaching out to her. 'You're my path' was one of the last things he said to her when he decides he wants to keep her in his life instead of pushing her away. That's another thing that wasn't a cause of us breaking up, obviously, but that was a sore spot for me with my ex girlfriend. She didn't like the movie. She claimed it was dumb and the ending sucked and the whole 'you're my path' thing was dumb. Yet she wanted to get upset cuz I told her she wasn't MY path. I don't know. It's silly", I reveal. It's quiet for a moment again. And I glance at her for a second to see it looks like she's processing what I told her. "Seb that's beautiful. I like that a lot. You HAVE to show me this movie. I'm dying to see it now that you've told me about it.", she demands. I'm taken aback by this statement from her. She wants to do something I enjoy without me having to convince her? That never happened in my previous relationship. "Sure. We can watch it after I sleep or something.", I offer. She agrees claiming she's excited for a movie night as we get back to the house. Once we get through the doors she orders me, "To your room mister! Go to bed immediately!" She uses a kind of babysitter type tone with it that makes me laugh. "What? No bedtime story?", I joke to her. I head to my room and switch into comfortable clothes and begin to lay down. Gi is in my chair watching tv before she ends up laying in bed with me. The blushing from earlier comes back within an instant. "I hope this is okay. I wanted to get more sleep too.", Gionna says explaining her action. "No problem at all", assure her. We end up slowly drifting off into that comfortable cloudy world in our minds.