Moving Forward

[Monday]

(Seb's P.O.V.)

Soreness awaken's me from my sleep. I feel myself gaining consciousness and I move slightly but it's as if I can feel every hit I was given the previous night. Thanks to that table spot I feel as though I was hit with a truck. I roll over and transition my arm with me, expecting it to land on a sleeping Gionna, but all I feel is the bed. My eyes open and the bed is empty other than myself. Confusing forms in my mind but then the memory sets in. I kissed Gionna last night. I now remember it clearly. She had caught me from falling down. Once her grey eyes had met mine, I had felt such a strong connection. It was as if the universe itself was pulling the two of us together. "Ugh I'm such an idiot", I had thought to myself as I had moved to lay on my back. I placed my palm over my eyes and the bridge of my nose. I wanted to take things slow. I was already aware of my feelings for her, but I didn't want to rush into anything. There's also her feelings to think about. What if she doesn't feel the same way? Our friendship could be over because I let my feelings cloud my judgement. I'm reminded of the way her lips felt against mine. Although I was nervous on how our relationship would be going forward, the memory of our kids brought an inevitable smile to my face. Fighting through my pain, I sat up. She probably thinks I'm some kind of player or something and left. I wouldn't be surprised if she avoided me. I grab my phone off the charger and check my notifications.

-1 New iMessage-

Gi
Went to grab us some coffee and breakfast. Be back soon. Don't steal my title while I'm gone😂

A sigh of relief drained all of the anxiety from my lungs. After reading her text, I examined the room and noticed her stuff was still here. Maybe I over exaggerated. With my feet planted on the floor, it was time for me to get showered and ready for the day.

(Gionna's P.O.V.)

"I don't know D. I want to be happy about it, but when I am I just feel guilty. I know things ended bad between him and his ex, and I don't want this to confuse things or ruin our friendship", I vented to Daria (Sonya Deville). "Have you told him how you feel? Have you at least talked about it?", she asked. We had just left the cafe we grabbed food and coffee from. We were making our way back to the hotel. We had plenty of time to roam the city and recharge our batteries from last night since Raw was in the same town. "No... I kinda woke up before him and was nervous so I left. Which brings us to me asking you if you wanted to grab coffee with me.", I responded. She smirked a bit as if she was trying to hide a laugh. "D, it's not funny! I need help. I'm worried", I say with a laugh. Her laughter was always contagious. She had a way of helping ne calm down and not overthink these things. "Okay okay! You need to talk to him. Tell him how you feel. With how quickly you two became close, even if he doesn't feel the same way I don't see it harming your friendship. You need to be a big girl Gi", she advised as we made our way through the automatic doors of the hotel. "But I don't wanna.", I pouted. Once we got into the lobby we both saw the subject of our conversation standing in the lobby conversing with Johnny Gargano. It was from a distance, but we could hear their conversation. "I'm telling you man. Your Red Robin gear last night was amazing! Wish I would've thought of it myself.", Johnny had complimented him. "Well I have to thank you on that one. Main Event Gear did such a good job with it. I had no clue that's where all of your gear came from. They nailed it", Seb had responded. Daria and I had made our way over to them. "Okay boys, we get it. You're both nerds.", She had teased them. After a short greeting, Johnny insisted he had to get back to his hotel room so he could FaceTime Candice, who was at home with their newborn baby. "Seb, GiGi has something she wants to talk to you about.", Daria bluntly spoke. He turned his attention to me with a kind of "oh?" expression. "What's up Gi?", he asked. I froze. Our eyes had met again but once they did I just got reminded of how fantastic our kiss had felt. "I....uhh...." My eyes had scanned the room. "I got you breakfast sandwich. If that's okay", I nervously answered with an awkward smile. He chuckled and looked at me. "Yeah Gi, that's fine. I got your text.", he informed me as I handed him his bag and coffee. "Are we going back to your room?", he questioned. "No!", I blurted out. "I mean, yeah if you want to. Let's go have breakfast together.", I caught myself. Daria had an "oh brother" look on her face as she rolled her eyes. "Well I'm going to go workout. Have fun you two", she added as she departed. We went back to my room and ate our breakfast and watched tv. We chatted a bit but not as much as usual. You could feel the elephant in the room. Neither of us dared acknowledging it.