Dressed For Battle

[Thursday]

(Seb's P.O.V)

This passed Monday was the go-home show for Payback. It was actually pretty simple. Since the week prior we called Dom and Rhea out in a promo, it was their turn to talk trash this week. We didn't confront them or anything. We just worked the floor ringside for AJ and Finn's match against Sami and K.O. Triple H wanted us to take it easy so we didn't run the risk of injuries before the PLE match. After the events of this passed Saturday, it was a bit rocky between Gionna and I. We had another conversation the following day and I continued to apologize for acting so out of line. We talked out but it still took a couple of days to go back to normal.

Today we made a trip to LA. She felt bad for the argument we got into and surprised me with tickets to the Lakers game. I told her she didn't need to do that, but she said it was a gift for us both because even though the Lakers were my favorite team, they were playing her favorite team, the New York Knicks. Obviously when they found out WWE Superstars Sebastian Drake and Liv Morgan were going to be attending the show, they wanted to make sure we'd be in a VIP section courtside with the rest of the celebrities that attended the game.

We got to the arena and as to be expected, we were recognized by some fans. We took a bit of time to snap some pictures and give some autographs. We got inside and were escorted to our seats. One of the media people of the Knicks approached us holding some items.

"Liv! Sebastian! It's so good to see you two! I'm Sara, I handle the social media business and tend to guests who come to games.", she introduced herself as she got to us.

"Hi! But please you can just call me Gionna. I'm not at work right now", the platinum blonde giggled.

"Well Gionna, we know you're a big Knicks fan so we wanted to give you a couple gifts.", the woman said handing Gionna a beanie, a shirt, and a custom jersey with her name on it.

"Wow that's so sweet! Thank you so much! Babe look, my name is on the back!", my girlfriend exclaimed.

"Now Sebastian we heard your a Lakers fan BUT we can always get one of those made custom for you if you ever decide to, you know, switch sides", jokingly attempted to persuade me to the New York team's side.

I chuckled as she made her pitch. "That's very kind of you but this is my team. I bleed purple and gold. I'll be a Lakers fan to the end.", I replied.

"I don't know baby. You might look cute in blue and orange."

"Nope. This stadium is my home."

Sara laughed at the banter between us. "Well I'm sure your loyalty is appreciated, but I thought you were from Texas?"

"Yeah babe if you're a Texan, why are you a Lakers fan?"

"They're just the team I gravitated to as a kid. Kobe Bryant, Shaq, obviously I was too young to see Kareem and Magic Johnson but I would watch highlights."

"Well that's very sweet. Hey Gionna, would you mind if we got a picture of you with the jersey for socials?" Sara requested. Gi agreed and stood up for the photo.