Chapter 13: "Do I smell bacon? Please say there's bacon here."

Anna

When I woke up today morning, the soft rays of the morning sun were peeking through the curtains and gently illuminating Travis' room. He was still fast asleep beside me so I checked his bedside clock to see that it was just past 7:00 AM. 

I inched out of the bed slowly, being careful of not waking him up. He had came home late yesterday night, so he definitely needed his sleep. 

Travis' room was definitely the most kept together room in the house. It nearly resembled a hotel room, with a dark blue theme. His big windows were facing the backyard and his bookshelf also had books, mostly business related. There were a couple of photos around the room, one with Brandon on his desk and one with all his brothers on his bookshelf. There was also one where a pregnant woman was holding a toddler Travis as he smiled at the camera.

Turning away from the photo, I continued looking around Travis' room and I noticed his phone lightened up with 'Low battery' sign. Knowing he would need it for work, I plugged it in as that was the least I could do. That's when I got the idea that I could actually do something for everyone here as a thankyou. 

I can make them breakfast.

For the last two years, I had gotten up early on Mum's birthday and Mother's Day to prepare a big breakfast as a thankyou for her. Today wasn't anything special, but I did wanted to make them something.

So I quickly went back to my room, freshen up myself in the bathroo m, wore a t-shirt and shorts that Justin got me 2 days ago when we visited the mall, and made my way downstairs to the kitchen.

After rummaging through the cupboards and the refrigerator, I got an idea about the ingredients available for me to make the big breakfast spread for everyone. There were 6 of us, and I had observed how Oliver and Lucas tend to eat more than others during meals, so I did have to prepare a lot.

I had found a jar of maple syrup, a traditional symbol of Canada, and memories flooded back in my mind. Pancakes drenched in rich syrup, the aroma of crispy bacon, and the warmth of shared breakfasts with Mum brought a sense of nostalgia, but it was time to recreate those moments with these guys.

I set to work, rummaging again to find my desired tools. I started the coffee machine and prepared the pancake batter as Mum had taught me to. My hand was fully healed so it was easy to do everything.

The smell of coffee brewing in the background filled the air as I sliced some fruits and arranged them in a colorful display.

It took me more than a hour to prepare everything. After crisping some bacon to perfection and flipping numerous pancakes, the whole breakfast feast came together.

Mum used to say that my cooking was delicious for a middle school girl, but I still feel kind of nervous. I haven't seen anyone here complaint about eating anything but what if they have a certain way they wanted their bacon? What if they don't like this particular fruits for breakfast?

I was pulled out of my thoughts when a pair of fingers snapped in front of my eyes. I blinked in surprise and looked up at Justin's amused face.

"Whew, I got worried for a second." He said, then looked around the table at everything I have prepared. "And this looks... Wow. The strong aroma woke me up, it's in the whole house. Baby, what's this about?"

I took the small note I had written for them earlier and handed it to him.

I wanted to thank you all for everything you've done for me. You guys have been amazing and I'm so grateful to you for just being there when I needed the most. I used to make breakfast for Mum on somedays and I wanted to make one for you all as well so this is me treating you with some of my own special breakfast creations. I couldn't ask for better brothers and I want you to know how much your support means to me. So thank you for everything!