Chapter 45-Birthday Bash

I started to wake up as I slowly opened my eyes. I attempted to stand up, however a pair of strong hands were wrapped around my waist, pulling me nearer to them.

I spun around and turned my face towards Iroh. As I observed his sleeping state, I grinned. He was half conscious half not.

I leaned over and gave him a kiss on the nose. "Good morning, General."

Iroh groaned, only opening one eye. "You sound so provocative."

A small smile plastered on my face. "I sound sexy? No, you're the one who sounds provocative."

The general laughed up a raspy chuckle as his grasp on my midsection, tightened.

I smiled nuzzling my face in the crook of his neck.

"Can we just stay like this, forever?" Iroh asked, combing his fingers through my long hair.

"I wish we could," I mumbled. "But it's your birthday, everyone is waiting for you."

Iroh groaned. "Fuck my birthday, we should remain in my room and request room service and have some fun." He smirked at me with a seductive eyebrow raise.

I rubbed the General's cheek with my hand. "Well that all sounds tempting; but your birthday party took a significant amount of your mother's time and money, along with the rest of the servants, who've helped. So be nice when we get there."

Iroh groaned once again. "Fine."

"Good boy,"

Iroh moaned squeezing his face against my cheek. "I can't wait for later, tonight."

My cheeks warmed up against him. "Me too."

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

Once Iroh and I cleaned up and prepared for the day, we headed to the dinning hall, where Zuko and Izumi were sitting, awaiting for Iroh and I so we could all eat breakfast.

"Good morning, my grandson. Happy birthday." Zuko had said.

"Thank you, grandfather. I appreciate it."

Izumi ran over to her son and kissed his temple. "Good spirits, my baby is so big now, the big two one. I recall my twenty first birthday celebration, I was busting it do-"

Lord Zuko had strangely glanced at his daughter with his eyebrow raised.

Izumi broke out in a cough. "Anyways-um Iroh, Fara has let me know that you said that you do not want a big party, is that true?"

Iroh was mixing his tea as he halted. "Yes, mother. I am twenty one years of age. I don't want to celebrate my birthday as if I were twelve, again. I simply would just want a dinner with my family and friends."

Sadly, Izumi nodded her head. "Very well, son, if that is what you desire. I will cancel the ball tonight."

As Izumi left, I slipped out of Iroh's grasp and gave him a stern glare. "Really, Iroh?"

"What?"

"Your mom, really worked hard on this ball. I know you don't want a big birthday party, but come on, they're almost finished with the decorations and people are waiting to celebrate with you. Don't you want that?" I turned around to glance at Izumi's back, which had sunken in sadness. "Look how sad your mother is."

Lord Zuko took a sip of his tea. "Fara is right, Iroh. You are one of very few fortunate individuals. Don't take it for granted."

Iroh let out a disappointed sigh as he shook his head. "I'm sorry, love. You are right. I'm going to go apologize to my mother this instant and tell her that the ball is still going on."