One more night

age is 10

nat keeps giving you to wanda to go out, she always says just for tonight but ends up being more.

As much as you love Wanda, you have barely seen your mom for a week and it was starting to upset you. She said she wouldn't go out tonight and spend the day with you but she was also drunk when she said it.

"Hey Wands can you take care of Y/n for tonight please?" Nat said, heading towards the fridge. Wanda sighed, your thoughts have been loud so she knows how you've been feeling about this and she can't blame you, "Nat you told her you would spend the day with her"

"It's just one night"

"Whatever but you're going to be the one to tell her then" she was starting to get annoyed with Nat, this wasn't the first time the redhead has done this. She loves taking care of you but not when the reason is because Nat is going out every night, getting drunk. Forgetting she's a mother.

"Y/n it's mama" she said knocking on your door. You opened the door with a smile, you couldn't wait to hear what Nat had planned to do together, "Wanda is going to stay with you tonight-" you frowned, quickly interrupting her. "I thought we were going to spend the day together"

She smiled, "just for tonight detka"

"You promised me it would be just us today"

"I was drunk Y/n" she chuckled but you didn't find anything funny about this. "Whatever enjoy getting drunk, again" you said slamming the door in her face, ignoring her calls from the other side. Tears streamed down onto your pillow, of course she was going out.

"Are you okay darling?" Wanda said in your mind, recently the both of you would talk like this. You weren't surprised that Wanda heard what was said, she always looked out for you.

"Yeah just mama going out again when she promised she wouldn't"

"I'm sorry love" You could hear that she was genuinely sorry and it made you smile a little at the thought that atleast someone cared. "It's okay"

You tried to avoid Nat which was easy since she's always in her office or walking out the door, ready to get wasted. Wanda could tell you were out of it today, she hoped helping her coo made you forget about the situation for a moment. It usually worked but today you barely broke a smile.

"Pass me the pepper please darling" she said, stirring the pot, "Y/n?"

"Hm?" you said looking at her, "oh, sorry here" you watched as Wanda continued to cook, she always seemed so happy despite everything that's happened to her. You hoped you could be like her when you got older. "Auntie Wanda?"

She looked at you with loving eyes, "yes?" The question stuck in your throat, what if Wanda also got tired of you and started going out with Nat?

"Uh nothing" you said with a fake smile, she didn't believe you but decided not to push.

"Mama please can't you just stay for the night?" She was getting her makeup done and this was your last chance to convince her. You weren't sure if she listened to what you said but you just wanted your mom. "I already told you y/n that I'm going out" she said with a hurry.

It seemed like she always is in a hurry whenever you wanted to talk to her, "Oh because it's so hard to not go out for one day and spend it with your daughter instead"

"Watch your tone young lady"

"So now you acknowledge me? To just warn me about my tone"

Nat sighed, "y/n just please go to Wanda" You stood there with your jaw clenched, "I will because atleast auntie Wanda cares" Nat seemed unbothered by the comment, putting her earrings in. "Of course I care about you don't be ridiculous"