Popper the penguin

y/n age is 5

Since the beginning when Scarlett had first laid eyes on y/n during her visit at the orphanage, she felt drawn to the girl. All the other kids were clearly older and more outgoing, having no problem introducing themselves to her when they were asked to.

They were extremely nice and lovely but her eyes kept going back to the small girl, who hadn't looked up once to see who's in the room.

"That's Y/n" The woman who mainly takes care this room of kids, all the other kids have left Scarlett, doing their own things.

Scarlett frowned, "Is she always alone?"

"Ever since one of the older girls left, yes. She's only 5 and so it makes it harder for her to fit iin with the others, she doesn't talk much, mostly keeping to herself"

"Can I speak to her?"

The woman looked a bit shocked by the question making Scarlett's heart sink, did not many people want to talk to her when they come?

Eventually she nods. As they walk towards to the girl who Scarlett now can see she's holding onto a small stuffed penguin.

"Hello Y/n, my friend Scarlett here wants to say hi" Ms. Grove says softly, crouching down to the girl's height.

Y/n waves shyly, not knowing what to do. Scarlett gives her a soft smile, "Hi Y/n, I'm Scarlett, who's that cutie?"

From that day, Scarlett visited more often until eventually she adopted Y/n. They both bonded very quickly.

The beloved penguin went everywhere with the girl, that also meant he got dirty overtime and a bit worn out with all the love and cuddles. Popper is the girl's most precious toy, she loves all the toys Scarlett has gotten for her but she had an attachment to the penguin that couldn't be explained.

"Sweet girl, I think popper is in need of a wash" Scarlett told her.

Her eyes widen as she pulled popper closer to her chest, shaking her head.

"It will only be for a little while darling, he won't go anywhere"

"What if it eats him?" Her bottom lip trembled at the thought of her best friend being eaten by the washing machine.

"He won't get eaten y/n I promise"

"No!"

This was the first time she had yelled at Scarlett, catching the woman by surprise.

"He's mine!" Her lip trembling even more now. She held him up to her chest with both hands, protecting him just in case Scarlett tries to grab him.

Scarlett sits down on the floor, opening her arms with a soft smile. Y/n hesitates for a moment before cuddling with her, popper still in the same spot.

"I would never, ever try and take him from you. He's yours and nobody else's sweetheart, I was just suggesting it because he would feel a lot better cleaner but he's safe, you're safe" she quietly says, kissing the side of the girl's head.

"Kate gave him to me"

Scarlett is intrigued by the name she's never heard being mentioned before but doesn't interrupt y/n and lets her continue.

"She taked care of me.. Kate was my first mommy but then she left" She sniffled, Scarlett rubbing her back in comfort.

The woman felt her heart break, piecing everything together. Kate couldn't have been older than 18 before she left but it seemed like she took care of y/n so much that the little girl saw her as her mom.

She's a bit surprised, Ms. Grove never told her this.

"Did you ever tell someone that you were sad when your mommy left?" She gently asked, this is clearly a very touchy subject and didn't want to upset her even more.

Y/n shook her head, "they looked at me weird"

"They looked at you weird when you called her mommy?"

She nodded, wiping the tears off her cheeks.

"Oh baby" Scarlett whispered, kissing the top of her head.

"I want you to be my mommy too but don't want to forget her" Y/n confessed.

"You can call me whatever you like little one, Kate will always be here with popper. She's your mommy and that's okay if you want me to be your mommy too"

"Promise?"

She pressed a kiss on her nose, "I promise"

"Okay mommy" she shyly says using the word for the first time making Scarlett kiss her all over her face for being so adorable.

"My sweet daughter" Scarlett said making y/n's face bright up with a big smile.

Later that day, y/n let Scarlett wash popper only if she sat in front of the washing machine watching him, making sure he doesn't get eaten,.

The actress brought her a comfy chair and joined her as they cuddled up watching him twirl around which y/n found funny.

Scarlett hopes Kate is happy and well, she hopes one day she can thank her for taking care of y/n.

the whole kate thing wasn't meant to be part of this but it's what I wrote as I went along lol

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Dec 14, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Natasha/Scarlett daughter one shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें