Stepping up

age is 13

Natasha was never close to her daughter or tried to be in any way, everytime she looked at the girl all she could see is her past, the bad memories of the red room, nothing good. So when Y/n would come in, Natasha would leave. On her birthday's, she would be in the background while everyone sang happy birthday and Wanda would give soft kisses to the temple like mothers do.

Seeing her melt into Wanda's affection made the woman feel something inside but she ignored it.

After a long mission that was only meant to be a few days, Natasha couldn't wait to take a shower and sleep a full 8 hours, she was tired and her body was sore. She didn't turn on the lights and kept going to her bathroom to take a shower.

When she got out with her comfy clothes on, she frowned at a lump in her bed, wondering who the hell is in her bed. She sighed in annoyance when she saw it was Y/n, this is the last thing she wanted after an exhausting mission.

"Y/n" She said, shaking her shoulders not so gently. "Y/n get up"

"Hm?" The girl said, still mostly asleep.

"You're in my bed"

Her eyes shot open at the voice of her mother, she sat up looking somewhat embarrassed to be caught sleeping in her bed. "Oh uh sorry mama" she mumbled.

The redhead just rolled her eyes and gestured for her to get up, "just go to your own bed"

The girl nodded silently and made her way out the room, already missing the scent of a mother that never wanted her. As she laid in her own bed, she debated to go to Wanda's room wanting some form of motherly love. Wanda was the only person that did.

But she also didn't want to annoy Wanda, she saw and heard how annoyed Natasha was, she wished she explained herself but she didn't want to force the redhead to talk to her when it was clear she didn't want to.

Luckily Wanda came in anyway, hearing the girl's thoughts that were quite loud and opened the door softly, making her way to the bed.

"Hi malyshka" her voice gentle and soft, the opposite of what Natasha's voice was. "You okay?"

She nodded, curling more into herself which made Wanda look at her with sad eyes. "Do you want to sleep with me tonight darling?"

Y/n sniffled with a quiet yes as she walked out with Wanda to the woman's room. They stayed in silence as she laid her head on Wanda's chest, feeling less tense as she felt the woman's hand rubbing circles on her back.

"Mama didn't like I was in her bed"

If Wanda wasn't paying attention, she would've missed it.

"I know it's stupid because she never wants to talk to me but I missed her and I could smell her scent on her bed but she was annoyed about it, I wanted to explain myself but I left instead"

Wanda's heart dropped at her words, she knew that while Natasha was on missions, Y/n would sleep in the russian's bed but she always left before Natasha came back. This is the first time Y/n has been caught and the fact the reaction she got was annoyance made her heart break for the girl.

"Oh sweetheart, I'm sorry she reacted like that. You know it's completely okay that you sleep there when she's on missions, you just want your mom but she doesn't hate you, she just doesn't know what to do and distances herself"

"She does hate me"

A sob burst out the girl, clinging to Wanda's shirt as she cried. "I just want my m-mama"