𝟎𝟎𝟔. ❝ you were way cooler than i expected❞

CHAPTER SIX !❝ you were way cooler than i expected❞(real life + social media)

CHAPTER SIX !
❝ you were way cooler than i expected❞
(real life + social media)

"so?" valentine asked as the two pulled away from the house, where cars lined both sides of the street. "did he say anything about me when i was changing?"

"he did actually," chris said as he got into the car. "and it's probably going to piss you off."

"oh god." valentine looked at chris while they turned the corner and waited for his response. "what?"

"it's just very clear that he still thinks of you as little val."

"what does that mean?"

chris' mouth curved a little, but he kept his eyes on the road. "oh come on."

"seriously. what? does he think that i'm still like i was when we were younger?"

"he still thinks you're a nice little weirdo." chris grinned widely.

"oh my god, are you kidding me?" valentine stared at chris' grin and wanted to punch him. "why would he think i'm a weirdo now? i was doing great until your girlfriend puked on me."

"it's not that." chris reeled in his smile and shot val a glance. "its because he's been gone, and he's just assuming you're the same person you used to be."

"i wasn't a nice little weirdo."

his smile was back. "oh come on anderson."

she thought back to the old days in the neighbourhood. "no i wasn't."

"yes you were. you made up songs constantly about everything. terrible songs that you sang in an off key high pitched voice."

"i was... creative."

"do you remember that one time that you begged me to be the romeo to your juliet in one of your little plays, and when i said no, you climbed up a tree and fake cried for half an hour?"

"and you threw acorns at me, trying to get me down."

"i think the point here is that he sees you differently from other girls because of your history."

val looked at him, realising that she had been a little weirdo. "so what, i'm strange to him forever, and there's nothing i can do about it?"