009. ❝if that isnt a red flag i dont know what is❞

CHAPTER NINE ! 009

CHAPTER NINE !
009.
❝if that isnt a red flag i dont know what is❞

at four forty five, valentine tied the laces of her sambas, which she had to admit was a good choice from chris, and went downstairs.

her dad was out for some work thing and jennifer was around somewhere. the doorbell rang and val couldn't believe it. chris was early??

she walked over to the door but when she pulled it open it was haley, not chris.

"oh hey hales!! what are you doing here?"

"i missed you dumb fuck." haley stepped into
the house where it was warm.

valentine grinned as she shut the door behind haley. "well duh. i missed you too!!"

jennifer walked into the threshold. "hey haley, do you want a soda?"

"no im good, i was just stopping to see val for a sec, i have to pick my sister up from soccer."

valentine swallowed. " i, um, im about to leave too."

"where are you going?"

jennifer had asked the question but they both stood there, staring at val as she tried to come up with something.

"um, chris from next door is going to the basketball game and he, um, asked me if i want to go. i mean, its casual, no big deal- i was just bored and it sounded less boring you know? i dont ewnt to go but i said i would. so."

haley's eyebrows shot up. "val stop rambling. you are going to a basketball game. with chris sturniolo."

jennifer crossed her arms over her chest. "didnt you call the parking police on him a few days ago?"

"no, i almost did." val spit out an awful fake laugh and shrugged. "yeah honestly, i have no idea why i said i'd go with him."

she knew exactly why.

"anyways," haley smiled. "my mom wants to know when you can go dress shopping."

jennifer interrupted. "oh i adore dress shopping!! i rarely wear them but i have racks and racks of them for summer."

"this is prom dress shopping." haley was playing with a piece of her hair. "valentine and i are going together, and my mom said she can take us dress hunting."