010. ❝youre my hair hero❞

CHAPTER TEN ! 010

CHAPTER TEN !
010.
❝youre my hair hero❞

chris' eyebrows went up. "excuse me?"

"i had to tell haley that i might like you and jennifer definitely thinks somethings going on. so please, please, please dont even infront of them, or they are going to be all over me to actually date you."

chris opened the door for val and leaned his arms on the top of the window as she got in. "that would be the worst, right?"

"the absolute worst." he slammed the door, and val buckled her seatbelt as he walker around the car. he got in and started the engine, and val couldnt help but notice that he smelled really, really good.

"is that soap or cologne?"

chris' eyebrows crinkled as he looked at her. "what?"

"you smell really good, but it isnt your usual scent."

he didnt put the car in drive but instead looked at valentine. "my usual scent?"

"dont act like im weird. your normal cologne doesnt smell like that. you smell like fucking foresty gang type shit."

chris gave a throaty chuckle. "holy shit, valentine anderson knows what i smell like."

"you know what? forget it." she was glad he'd put the car in gear and was pulling away from the curb, because if he looked at her, she was certain that her cheeks were crimson. "you smell like ass."

that made him slide into a full on laugh. "foresty gang type shit ass actually."

"hilarious." val turned in his radio in hopes of a subject change.

"you're wearing the clothes."

"what?"

"i spent money on them. duh i'm going to wear them."

chris glanced over and looked directly at her outfit before returning his gaze to the road.

what the hell? valentine thought, toying with the rings on her fingers. she wondered what chris was thinking. not that she was desperate for a compliment from chris sturniolo- because she sooo wasnt- but you couldnt look at someones outfit and not comment on it right?

did it not look good? she chewed on her fingernails and glanced into his back seat. "where is everyone?"

"they're at adam's house. we're all going in his minivan and he's driving."

just like that, val's stomach was a ball of nerves. she didnt know his friends so that was stressful enough, but the thought of sitting awkwardly in the back of a minivan with jack brought out her worries. "couldn't matt just drive us?"