𝟎𝟎𝟕. ❝trust me anderson, ive got you❞

CHAPTER SEVEN !❝trust me anderson, i've got you❞(real life) !

CHAPTER SEVEN !
❝trust me anderson, i've got you❞
(real life) !

the next day at work, valentine was feeling positive about the whole outing as she replayed it in her mind. yes she got vomited on, but jack could be interested in her.

a silver haired man in red suspenders and matching red sneakers walked in her direction with two books in his hand.

he stopped at the counter and held out his books. he then paid and walked away from the counter, leaving val bored again. she was ringing up the man's credit when the bell on the front door tinkled.

"morning," she said, not looking up from the cash register.

"can you tell me where your best diarrhoea tutorial books are?"

she looked up, and there was chris, looking as serious as anything.

"excuse me?" she had to distort her face to keep herself from laughing. an old guy swung his gaze in chris' direction in disgust.

chris was wearing basketball shorts and a hoodie, his dark hair sticking up i'm the front like he'd showered and rubbed his hand over it instead of using a brush. val wasn't sure when he'd gotten a good fashion sense, and she guessed that his hair sort of looked good. if she was into guys like chris.

"your diarrhoea books. hello??" he said it with great impatience like she was the one who was acting strangely for just staring at him.

as the old man walked out of the store, valentine hissed, "what is wrong with you??"

chris shrugged. "i'm funny?"

"no i don't think that's it buddy. why are you here?"

"because i like..." chris looked around the store. "books."

"kid how are you walking in here without knowing it's a bookstore." valentine said with a straight face.

"hey! i knew it was a bookstore i just needed some... time to refresh my memory you know. my love for books just uhh distracted me!!"

valentine narrowed her eyes. "seriously, why are you here?"

he stepped closer to the counter. "i needed to talk to you and your step mom said you were here."

stepmom. it'd be normal for val to think of jennifer like that, and to call her that, but for so,e reason, she never could. it was wither "my dad and jennifer" or "my dads wife." val had lived with her for years now, but she was still just jennifer.

"what's up?"

"jack texted me this morning."

"he did?" val's mouth dropped wide open and she turned a shade of red, which normally should've embarrassed her, but it was okay because it was just chris. "what did he say? did he mention me? what did he say?"

chris grinned and looked at the girl like she was an over excited toddler. "so a bunch of us are going to the game tonight."

"what game?"

"basketball dumbass." chris flicked valentine's forehead.

"how would i know that?"

"because it's basketball season and we're in the playoffs and- we need to have a normal conversation without arguing!"

valentine smiled at chris. "but that would take away all the fun?"

chris tried to hide a grin and carried on. "anyway, me and jack and some of the guys are going, and i thought it might be a casual way for you to hang without other girls stealing your thunder."

"did you seriously just imply that i'm invisible if other girls are involved in the situation?"

"no. god you're uptight. i-"

"no i'm not."

"you're not?"

"shut up chris?? carry on."

"okay now youre not making sense-"

"chris!!"

"that's pretty much it. if you ride with us, then you'll have time to show how cool you are on the way to the game. no more little val."

"chris! stop with the nickname!!"

he mocked her from earlier. "but that would take away all the fun?"

val rolled her eyes. "that wouldnt be weird, you bringing me?"

"no. it's not a big deal, don't worry about it."

valentine straightened up. "then um, yeah. totally."

chris put his palms on the desk and leaned on his arms. his face was closer and val got distracted by the super light freckles she'd never noticed. "let me take you shopping."

"what?"

"come on val, i know what to wear to a basketball game, and even you can admit i have good style. let me pick an outfit for you."

"so now i have bad fashion sense?" val teased.

"okay i know you're stubborn. what if we just stroll through the mall and i point out things that look cool? you'll be with me, so you don't have to get nothing you don't like. but it wouldn't hurt if you tried on something that i picked right?"

val was clearly losing her mind, because all of a sudden it seemed like maybe it wasn't a bad idea to go out with chris and see what he thought she would be wearing.

"i'm like lowkey broke right now, so i can't go allll out. but okay yeah, i guess i'll go to the mall with you."

chris gave her a full grin. "trust me anderson, i've got you."

hey gang

austin mbcbroom is my new idol

also boyf is being sooooo boyf and its nearly valentines day so maybe😝😝🤝🤝🙏🏼🙏🏼

also pjo is over what the actual fuck

and taylor swifts new album ????