008. ❝sassy man apocalypse❞

CHAPTER EIGHT ! 008

CHAPTER EIGHT ! 008.
❝sassy man apocalypse❞
(real life) !

"you are ridiculous."

"ridiculously smart." chris grabbed another random shirt and threw it into the cart. val looked at the cart and wondered if he realised that you could only take eight items in the changing rooms at a time.

she didn't say anything though because that man was on a mission. he'd picked her up from the bookstore as soon as she'd finished her shift, sped the two blocks to the mall and nearly pulled her arm out of its socket every time she failed to keep up with him.

apparently chris hated shopping.

ever since chris had asked val for her size, he'd been hurling items into the cart like he was on some sort of speed shopping show.

he had finally taken a pause in the middle of an aisle and looked through the contents of their cart, holding up a few items to reconsider them, either nodding or shaking his head thoughtfully.

three words ran through valentine's mind. sassy man apocalypse.

finally he said, "i think we probably have enough."

val tried to not sound sarcastic when she said; "probably."

chris pointed a finger at her and said, "but i know you well enough to know this is my only shot."

"true."

"now come on dude, try your shit on."

val almost laughed. "okok!!"

he stopped manic shopping for a second and smiled down at val, his eyes warm as they travelled over her face. it was a look that admitted that he knew nothing about what he was doing, and that he knew he looked stupid.

but he didn't care because he was enjoying himself.

it was weird but val felt that was the case with chris. not that he like-liked her, but she felt that chris enjoyed their verbal sparring. honestly she did too, when he wasn't saying things that made her want to kill him.

chris practically charged towards the fitting room, leaning his body on the cart, and val was a little impressed by his focus. he hadn't checked anyone out since they'd arrived at the mall, and there were a lot of girls at that place. but he was all about the shopping.

"val?"

she looked up and holy shit, there was jules. "i thought you were working?" she walked over and glanced at chris.

val felt like she'd been caught cheating and she wanted to disappear. the thing was, juliette wanted to go prom dress shopping with val, but val was dreading it because all of her life she dreamed of doing that with her mom.