Innocent to Evil Ch1-Part4

Innocent to Evil

Chapter 1
*Trigger warnings*
Slight mentions of blood
Domestic abuse
Mentions of minor character Death

Part 4

Regina's Bed chambers - Enchanted Forest

"Regina, it's time to wake up, my dear."

Regina's heart sunk in dismay as she slowly opened her eyes. In a mere 24 hours, she would be married off to the King and crowned queen. Regina groaned at the awful thought of it all and clung to her soft, warm duvet, wishing she could stay in her bed forever. She closed her eyes and pulled the soft, feathery pillow tightly around her head, trying to delay the inevitable for a few extra moments of peace.

Rainy gently coaxed Regina awake, rubbing circles on her back as she said, "Come on, Dear, you must wake up. We wouldn't want your mother barging in here, now, would we?"

With a weary sigh, Regina rolled onto her back, head full of her wild, untamed curls. Slowly, her eyes fluttered back open, heavy with the remnants of a deep slumber. Frankly, she felt like absolute shit, but she was well aware that she had to get up before her mother arrived in the chambers. Her mother was likely already wide-awake and enthused at the prospect of traveling to the King's palace.

"I really, really don't want to do this," Regina said with her raspy, sleep-filled voice.

Rainy comforted Regina, tenderly wrapping her arms around her and stroking her natural curls as she said, "I know, sweetheart... you and I both, but I promise I'll never leave your side."

Regina hummed with contentment as the warmth of Rainy enveloped her, and she was briefly transported back to her childhood, feeling like the innocent little girl she once was. "Thank you, Rainy," she said, her voice filled with sincerity. She beamed a warm smile at the older woman, "I don't know how I'd get through this without you."

Rainy smiled reassuringly as she rose from the embrace and offered her hand to Regina. "Well, Thankfully, you don't have to worry about that, my dear. Come, let us get you ready; we have a long journey ahead of us." Regina hesitantly accepted, dreading her upcoming journey with the insufferable Snow White and the aged King.

All magic comes with a price - The Kings Palace

The palace was dark and foreboding, a far cry from what Regina had expected from the Royal family who bore the name White. The architecture was dark and intriguingly unique. An unsettling feeling settled deep in her stomach as she realized she was to live there for the rest of her life. 'Grandfather Xavier's palace is more vibrant and extravagant than this gloomy place.' Regina mused.

Once she stepped out of the carriage, the people of the kingdom greeted her with cold stares and hushed murmurs. After all, they had once been so loyal and devoted to Queen Eva, and now here was Regina, a mere child bride, who was taking Eva's rightful place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as Regina settled into her new bed chamber, the anxiousness of being confined to the palace for the rest of her life crept into her mind. The thief from the previous night's words rang in her ears, "you could break away from this life you know? Don't let your mum control your destiny!"

So, she impulsively ran, only to regret the outcome.

Regina ran away and took her chance.

She grabbed the reins to her steed and flew away in trance.

But the thief's advice was all in vain.

For a barrier spell was conjured to keep her contained.

Her mother's magic was cast around the forest trees.