Danielle Ch5-Part 1

This chapter will be in two parts. Sorry for the long wait; I'll try to have the next chapter up soon, hopefully. 🤞

Trigger warning:
Mild mentions of blood
Physical violence

Please don't hate me! 🙈

Danielle
Chapter 5

Part 1

Many years ago - Enchanted Forest

The piercing cries of a three-week-old baby girl with soft brown hair and hazel eyes reverberated throughout the night sky of the Enchanted Forest, as a fairy with azure wings fluttered hurriedly over the river stream of Lake Nostos.

Once she arrived at her destination, the fairy delicately placed the basket containing the crying infant onto the forest ground, transforming into her human form.

Blue sighed in annoyance and peered into the basket that held the wailing newborn babe. "My goodness, you certainly have some vocal cords on you! You haven't stopped screeching since we left the palace. Thankfully, soon you will no longer be of my concern." The baby girl's cries only increased in volume at the sound of Blue's voice.

The fairy carefully scooped up the distressed, delicate baby girl in her arms, attempting to hush her cries away. Yet, the fairy's touch seemed to only cause greater distress for the innocent babe.

The stolen newborn princess could sense the lack of warmth and maternal love emanating from the blue fairy. She could feel the difference in the atmosphere—the feeling of separation from her mother. She had been cocooned in a secure and safe womb for nine months, hearing her mother's steady beating heart and being lulled to a tranquil slumber by that same organ. Yet now, she was exposed to unknown surroundings, held by a stranger whose voice could not compare to that of her mother's.

She needed her mother.

Her protector, who had courageously birthed her into this land only three weeks ago. She needed the one whose soothing melody would lull her into contentment while cradled secure and comforted in her arms. Most of all, she needed the one who lovingly nourished her with sustenance she desperately needed in this dire hour.

She needed her mother.

Suddenly.

A mysterious man spoke in a deep, authoritative voice that seemed to echo from the shadows of the willow tree across from the fairy and wailing Princess.

"At last, you have arrived. I had begun to doubt whether you would ever fulfill your promise... Azure."

"Do you presume me to be a fool?" Blue asked, a smirk of mischief dancing on her lips. She then approached the man, offering the crying infant. "I won't allow this prophecy to be fulfilled, especially for a baby whose mother bears the tainted blood of an evil lineage."