Danielle Ch5-Part2

Yo! OMG, sorry for the extremely long wait! I've come to the realization that I'm a writer with many words. So, here's an extremely long chapter to make up for the wait. I hope it's worth the read! Danielle Allison Mills is here, and she'll be unstoppable! 💕🥲

The link to the Spotify playlist I made which has inspired me to write Ch 5 Part 1-3
✨Check it out if you wish✨

https://open.spotify.com/user/31akidxw54hpvpychdzuvrs2x2di?si=fbGkROFjQC2UczcdLPF2ow

com/user/31akidxw54hpvpychdzuvrs2x2di?si=fbGkROFjQC2UczcdLPF2ow

Danielle

Chapter 5

PART 2

The Merry Man's Camp - Sherwood Forest - October 31, 1973

The sight before me brought a lump to my throat and I swallowed hard, struggling to contain the emotion that was welling up inside of me.

There they were the perfect family, their eyes filled with love as they gazed upon their tiny new bundle of joy. A perfect little boy, part of him and part of her, that they would cherish unconditionally.

This new addition was their flesh and blood, their special son.

I felt a twinge of jealousy washing over me, and I started to second-guess my place here. After all, I was only a little orphan girl whom they took in as their own one year ago.

But... Why do I feel this way? These were the first two people who showed me love and care while growing up in the orphanage.

She has always been my guiding light, the one who not only nurtured me since I was three weeks old but also taught me the value of kindness and how to use it as a weapon. Alongside her, he stood as my mentor, boosting my self-confidence and introducing me to the thrill of horseback riding at the tender age of three and the art of archery at four.

They were the sole adult figures who believed in me and protected me when no one else did.

But now, now I don't feel so lucky anymore. I feel insignificant in their eyes. It's kind of hard not to wonder why they suddenly don't need me anymore now that they have their freshly born son. I can't shake the feeling that I have suddenly been replaced.

These past few years, they have lovingly raised me as their daughter, despite not sharing an ounce of their blood. Yet, as I stand here and witness this scene before my eyes, I can't help but feel like an outsider invading a precious family moment, and doubts start to flood my mind. Do I truly belong? Do I still have a place in their hearts? Am I still deserving of being a part of this family?

Because I desperately wanted to be...

The tears that had been painfully welling up in my eyes were now running free, streaming down my cheeks without any apology. It was as if a dam had broken, releasing all the pain and hurt I had been holding in. At this very moment, all the negative thoughts and emotions consumed me, drowning out any remaining positivity. Now, all I want to do is run away, to escape and never look back. I feel like I have no purpose here anymore. Why should they love me anyway when not even my birth mother or father did? I don't deserve them. I don't deserve anyone.