Trust No One

Heyo! Please listen to the song A Waltz Among Stars by Seycara Orchestral and enjoy!!

Jimmy's Perspective-

"I'm going out to see some friends. They live in a different kingdom. But I'll be back before you know it!"

Jimmy smiled as his mother kissed his forehead.

She then stood back up, got in the carriage, and left.

That was the last time Jimmy saw his mother.

Because she was poisoned and died because of her so called 'friends'.

"You have to be careful at who you choose to be your friends." Jimmy's father later told him.

"Trust is a powerful thing, James, and you must choose wisely at who to trust."

-

"I- I thought your name was Fiona." Jimmy said, ignoring Fiona's mother, "Why is she calling you Scott?"

Fiona looked caught, "I- er, it's because- "

"You know what? Save it." Jimmy said, getting up and walking away.

"Wait!" Fiona called, "Where are you going?"

"I thought I could trust you. I thought I had someone who finally understood me." Jimmy spat, looking disgustingly at Fiona, "But I was wrong. Trust no one. My dad was right."

Jimmy barged out of the bakery.

"Jimmy! Wait! Please, let me explain!" Fiona said, grabbing Jimmy's arm.

"I don't want to hear your lies." Jimmy said rudely.

"Then I'll tell you the truth." Fiona said, looking terrified, "The whole truth."

-

Jimmy stared right at Fiona, not even thanking Fiona's mother for giving them some tea before leaving.

"So." Jimmy said, folding his hands on the table.

Fiona nodded, not looking at Jimmy.

"Why does your mother call you Scott?" Jimmy asked.

Fiona took a deep breath.

"Jimmy, I- I am a trans male. That means that I switched from being a girl to being a guy. My preferred name is Scott, and I would rather people use he/him pronouns for me. I'm also gay, meaning that I only like guys. My hair is short because I would rather be known as a guy."

Jimmy's eyes widened.

"And that's why my mother called me Scott. It's because it's my preferred name." Fiona- er, Scott finished.

Scott looked up at Jimmy to see his stunned look.

"Ah shoot, you're unsupportive, aren't you?" Scott asked nervously.

Jimmy blinked.

"I- I knew I related to you, but I didn't think I would relate to you this much!"

Scott tilted his head like a confused puppy.

"I'm...I'm bi." Jimmy said, his grip tightening on his hands a bit.

Scott smiled, "I'm glad to hear that you don't think that I'm a complete weirdo."

"Well, you're a weirdo, just not a complete one." Jimmy said, smiling jokingly.

Scott giggled and Jimmy blushed.

"I do have one question though." Scott said as Jimmy drank some of his tea.

"What's that?" Jimmy asked, lowering the cup.

"You said that your father was right. Right about what?"

Jimmy coughed a bit on his tea.

"Sorry! You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

"No, no...it's fine." Jimmy said, though he knew that Scott saw right through his lie.

"Jimmy, you can tell me the truth."

Jimmy chuckled bitterly.

"You're spot on. My father was right about the truth."

"What?"

"My mother died years ago. She was off to visit some of her 'friends'."

Scott raised an eyebrow when Jimmy did air quotes around the word friends.

"They poisoned my mother and she died." Jimmy explained and Scott gasped.

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

Jimmy nodded, looking down at his tea.

His pointer finger traced random shapes onto the cup as he continued his conversation with Scott.

"My father later told me to be wise about who I trust. Told me not to trust people so easily. And I get what he was doing, ever since mother died, he's been super protective of me and does everything he can to make sure I'm happy. Though I know that if I told him I was bi, he might kick me out."

Jimmy looked up as he felt Scott put his hand on his.

"Well you can always trust me." Scott smiled.