Marry The Rich

This is my last update for today. Enjoy!!!

Scott's Perspective-

Jimmy and Scott shared a nice chat before Jimmy had to go.

Scott tried to calm down his rushing heart as he cleaned up his and Jimmy's mugs.

"So," Scott's father said, leaning on the door frame, "You and Prince James seem very close. He might even ask you to marry him, then you'll become rich!"

Scott's father had struck a nerve, and Scott dropped one of the mugs.

"Woah! Fiona, are you o- "

"You really think that this is all an act?" Scott growled, a deranged look on his face.

His father looked shocked.

"F-Fiona, calm dow- "

"You really think I'm just using Jimmy for money? He's my friend and nothing will ever change that."

"B-but you have to marry rich."

Scott's eye twitched as he tried his best to calm down.

"Scott, I'm trying to help you." Scott's father started.

Scott scoffed, "Are you? You just said that I had to do something I don't wanna do."

"You don't understand."

"I think I understand perfectly well, I'm not a kid! I know you just want me to be unhappy and marry someone I don't like to get rich and- "

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!"

Scott's father banged his fist on the nearby counter, shutting Scott up.

"You don't understand." His father said, taking a sharp breath.

"The reason why I want you to marry rich is because I want you to have a better life, Fiona. This world isn't a nice one, and I want you to have an easy time. I want you to settle down and not have any problems. I'm doing this because I love you."

"But...dad, I wanna work at the bakery. I don't care about how much money I have. Isn't happiness better than money?"

Scott spoke softly, and all you could hear were sniffles coming from Scott's father.

"Your mother said I should make more of an effort to call you Scott and refer to you as a guy. Would you prefer that?"

Scott nodded.

His father smiled softly.

"You know, in my eyes you're still the same little girl you were all those years ago. Long, blonde hair, a beautiful laugh."

Scott smiled faintly.

"I do still like to wear dresses if that makes you feel better."

His father chuckled.

"Whatever makes you happy, Fion- Scott."

Scott's smile widened and he hugged his father.

"Thanks dad." Scott said.

His father hugged back, "Your welcome, Scott."

They shared a nice moment before Scott's father smirked and said,

"So you and the prince are just friends?"

Scott shot up, his face red, "YES AND NOTHING MORE!"

His father chuckled, "Then why're you blushing?"

"I AM NOT!"

"We still have to pick out what you're going to wear to the ball tomorrow! Who knows, you might be the one Prince James shares his dance with!"

Scott groaned, though he was still smiling.