A Dance Announcement

The early morning sun shines brightly over the city of Paris, casting a golden glow over the rooftops and streets. Marinette walks to school with Alya, feeling a bit better. Her night out with Chat Noir cheered her up a little and got her to forget about the heart shattering rejection from earlier. That was until she woke up and realised she was going to see Adrien today at school. Her heart wasn't ready for this. Why did she agree to confess in the middle of a school week? She should have at least pushed it back to a Friday so she could use the weekend to recover.

"Hey Marinette, are you listening?" Alya asks, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Sorry Alya. What were you saying?

"I was saying that I want to know how your confession went yesterday. Did you finally tell Adrien how you feel?" Alya asks curiously. She is dying to know if the advice of being direct worked out.

"Um yeah, I did," Marinette sadly replies, looking down at her feet.

"And? What did he say?"

A lump forms in Marinette's throat as she musters the words. "He said... he said he doesn't feel the same way."

"Oh Marinette, I'm so sorry. He doesn't know what he's missing. You're amazing, you know that?" Alya gives a reassuring hug.

"Thanks Alya. You're a good friend." Marinette says, hugging her back.

Excitement fills the air, as the two best friends step onto the school courtyard. Whispers ripple through the crowd. Something big is about to happen and Marinette's curiosity is piqued.

Entering the classroom, Marinette finds her seat and glances around. Miss Bustier stands at the front of the room wearing a wide smile. Marinette's best friend Alya takes a seat first, looking around the buzzing classroom.

"What's going on?" Marinette whispers to Alya, her curiosity getting the better of her.

"I'm not sure, but it seems like something huge," Alya replies, her eyes shining with excitement.

Nino then turns his head to face them. "I heard it's some sort of Christmas party thing."

Marinette's eyes find Adrien, he sits quietly next to Nino, writing something in his notebook. Feeling eyes on him, Adrien turns his head to face the girls behind him. Marinette's gaze quickly snaps away, pretending to look for something in her purse.

Just then, Miss Bustier claps her hands, signalling for the class to settle down. The room falls into silence and all eyes turn towards their teacher.

"Good morning class," Miss Bustier begins, her voice filled with enthusiasm. "I have an exciting announcement to make today."

The anticipation in the room reaches its peak and Marinette's heart races. What could it be?

"As you all know, the annual Paris High School Dance is just around the corner," Miss Bustier continues. "And this year we have something special planned. Our theme for the dance is Masquerade Magic and our class will be performing in front of the whole school."

A wave of excitement ripples through the classroom as students exchange excited whispers. Marinette's mind races with possibilities.

"The dance will take place one month from today, and we encourage all of you to attend," Miss Bustier announces, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "It will be a night of music, dancing and unforgettable memories."

Marinette's heart skips a beat. The dance is the perfect opportunity to escape her worries, even if just for a little while. It could be a chance to have fun and enjoy the company of her friends.