18: Overjoyed with sadness

(song on next slide, it matches the chapter fr!!)

Averil's pov
I don't know how many weeks I've been in this house wrapped over Dane's fingers. He has yet to give me back my phone and I'm always being dragged in the closet for any little thing.

I've never felt so dead, yet alive.

There's never been a moment where I wanted to die until now. Im tired of suffering and holding in screams of pain. My body ached everyday and I had absolutely nothing to relieve the pain.

I was being hit everyday for any mistake. It felt like I was a robot, no emotions, no actual thoughts just programmed forcefully.

I was in the closet at this moment. I wasn't sure if I was scared of the dark anymore or if I just use to it because I've been in here so many times.

I always find myself thinking of those three vampires and Bailey, I miss them so much. I miss Kim.. I miss watering my plants.

I hope they aren't dead, my plants.

I squeeze my eyes shut as the door to the closet open. There's Dane just standing there looking at me.

I'm too tired to fight him so I just get up and follow him. He has had the blinds closed for I don't know how long.. they seemed to be pretty good blinds because they won't open and I can never tell if its night time or day.

I shrug at the thought and sit down at the kitchen table. "So I had an amazing day at work I got a raise." He smiles brightly at me biting into his food.

"Good job Alpha." I mutter looking down at my plate. I want to wipe the smirk off of that bastards face, but I don't want to get hurt.

My wolf usually heals my bruises pretty quickly but I keep getting them back to back so its getting harder to recover like I usually do.

"What's on your mind? Do you not like what I fucking cooked?" My eyes widened at his tone and I grabbed my fork in s hurry and shoved the plain broccoli into my mouth.

"So good." I faked a smile.

His glare softened and he grinned.

"See I told you I could cook really well." I nod in agreement. A knock on the door interrupts our dinner and his eyes shift to me.

"Averil.."

I sprang up out the seat and run to the door, struggling with the locks he put on. He runs after me and throws me to the floor.

I let out a strangled scream.

His eyes glow a nasty amber color and his claws retract when another knock is at the door. I scurry onto my feet and take this chance when he's answering the door to run to the end of the hallway and open the window.

I lift the handle to raise the lower sash and I crawl out, closing the window quickly once I heard the front door slam close.

I could feel my heartbeat in my ears and I feel this sudden rush of adrenaline, I hop the fence and I book it across the street in the back of the vampires yard.

I climb up the fence and accidentally land flat on my back.

"Fuck.." I groan holding my side.

"What the hell." The voice makes me jump and I scurry to my feet.  It was Malachai, he had a cigarette in his hand. He smushed it on the ash tray and ran towards me.

I placed my finger over my mouth and held his shoulders. "D-don't talk loud he- he maybe can hear us.." I whispered looking around paranoid.

His eyes turned red and he pulled me to his arms holding my nape as he kissed my forehead. I wrapped my arms around his waist and allowed him to embrace me. "Fucking hell, we've missed you.." he let out a breath that it seems he has been holding in.

I pulled back but continued to hold down on his waist. He caressed my face with his hands and his relieved expression morphed into pure anger.

"What the fuck happened to your eye? Why the fuck.. that fucker." He pulled me towards the back door and I pulled away.

My heart sped up and I felt myself sweating. "No please- wait.. Don't!" I cried out not wanting anything to happen.

His grip softened and he picked me up. "Im sorry, I-Im just so fucking livid. Baby we could've help you we could've gotten you out." He sighed rocking me and himself back and forth slowly.

I laid my head against his neck and closed my eyes. "I know.. I just.. I .."

"You're scared something is going to happen to us?" He grabbed my cheeks and looked me in the eyes.

He looked so genuine and soft. It makes me want to cry, but I always cry around him.

"It's okay sweet, let it all out I've got you."

I didn't even know I was crying until I felt tears stream down my face.

"Good boy."

Owen's pov
When I saw Malachai bringing Averil in the house the sight of him made me sick to my stomach.

Bruises were littered across his body, and a black eye stained his pretty face. My heart broke for him.. I couldn't hold in my tears. I hugged him the whole night.. we cried in eachother arms and he didn't let go, not one bit.

We got our private physician to check on our mate and it wasn't looking so good. He was so close to being malnourished and he wasn't healing as well as his supernatural abilities could heal him.

The physician, Darla said this was because of him being abused brutally every day, she recommended that we set him up with a psychiatrist because the trauma he endured could leave horrible mental scars.

Cassius didn't take this situation as I did, he locked himself in his gym room and trained until no end. His hands were bleeding horribly after.

He refused to go to any matches and the press didn't like that very much, he didn't care about his fame. He loved the sport more than the money and the amenities that came with it.

After he let out all his violence out he cried in Malchais arms that night. He was reminded of the abuse he went through as a child.

I watched this all happen in just one night. How was I still so sane? Why haven't I became mad?

Malachai handled this a little too well.. I had a feeling something horrible was going to happen to Dane, and rightfully so. He deserves it.

It was currently morning time I was in bed with my three mates, no two.. Cassius is missing? Anyways.. I haven't got any sleep.

I looked down at the curly head who was laying down with his head on my stomach.

I grinned and ruffled his hair. He whined and leaned into my touch. "Mmnn stop, m' trying to sleep."

"You're the one leaning into my hand, sweetheart." I chuckle at the sleepyhead.

The door opened and I looked to see Cassius in the doorway with ointment.

"Wake up pup, we have to put this on your bruises."

"Please five more minutes." He kicked his legs and curled up into a ball on his side.

—-
Stop because i missed yall sm ! 🥹

—-Stop because i missed yall sm ! 🥹