Chapter 5 - ANNOY her

Lisa POV:

"This is some real shit," Rose said.

"I know."

"I mean, this is real shit."

"I know that."

"This is some real real shit."

"I fucking know, for fuck sake," I snatched the precious piece of paper from her hands. I held the document close to my chest, not wanting to lose it. It was the key to many doors including the boyfriend one. Yes, it may include blackmail but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. I walked towards the photocopier and printed a spare copy to keep for back up in case of the very likely chance Jennie would tear up the original.

Rose slumped onto my sofa, laying there dramatically. "So, Jennie must get into a stable relationship, get engaged to the girl if the family approves of her just to officially own her father's company otherwise it will go to her brother. Am I right?"

I nodded. "That's what it looks like."

"And you," she pointed a perfect finger at me. "Are going to blackmail her to date you."

"Not exactly blackmail. Just an offer."

"And what if she says no? Then what?"

"I hope she enjoys the paparazzi hounding her about getting a girl pregnant."

"How the fuck are you going to do that?!" Rose said incredulously.

A smirk graced my face. "Have you ever seen my stomach after eating a whole pizza? I can pass as a woman with a child inside of her."

"You're very smart, my friend, even though you're playing with fire."

"What have I got to lose? It's only you who loses a couple hundred bucks."

Her eyes widened with realization. "Shit."

"Shit indeed. Now, I need to get to work as I am now currently two hours late." I grabbed my bag off Rose's bed and walked out, waving at Jimin on my way out. Mentally, I prepared for the onslaught Momo was going to rain upon me when I arrived. It would probably go like-

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE ON TIME?" Momo screeched. Customers turned to see what was going on. Shame on her. Why is she making a scene?

I took a deep breath and sighed mockingly. "Momo, I am on time."

"IT'S ONE IN THE AFTERNOON! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE AT NINE!"

"Indoor voices, Momo," I chided. "If we were in Anchorage, it would be nine so I'm not late."

I almost thought she was going to explode. "But we're not in Anchorage, we're in New York. This is your last chance, Lisa, otherwise I'm going to get my grandmother to let you go."

"Empty threats. Can I work now?" I said bored. She didn't reply but continued getting angry in silence. I shrugged and went to change, passing Irene who had finally returned from wherever smart people go to. She smiled at me while taking an order, a sign that she had enjoyed my daily dose of Momo. I am aware some people may be asking why am I purposely annoying my boss? Simple answer: I'm fucking bored. Nothing ever happens in a café so fighting with her is the little metal challenge I need every day. Walking towards the small coffee machine behind the counter, I began making a drink for myself because I deserved it.

"Black coffee. Medium," a person ordered behind me.

I turned around only to turn straight back. What the fuck was she doing here?

"Lisa," Jennie said. I couldn't tell if she was pleased as the last time we met it didn't go too well.

"I'm not Lisa," I replied still not facing her.

"Then why do you have a name tag with Lisa clearly written on it?"

I sighed then turned. She was wearing a suit without a tie and her hair was all over the place in that styled-but-not-styled way. "What do you want, Mr. Kim?"

"Like I said, black coffee. Medium."

"I heard you before."

"So why did you ask?"

My eyes narrowed. I was the one who was sarcastic, not her. The corner of Jennie's mouth raised, noticing my annoyance. I glared for a second longer then made her stupid drink. As soon as it was done, I dumped it in front of her. "Three dollars."

She handed over the money but instead of disappearing, she sat down on one of the stools sipping her coffee. I placed my hands on my hips. My plan of storming into her office with her letter and demanding she asks me out was going down the drain (it sounds bad when you say it out loud but it's a plan nonetheless). Time to improvise.

"You know what I hate the most?" I said leaning over.

I don't care," she continued checking her phone.

I continued as if she had said nothing. "When my brother gets what's mine."

No reaction.

"Like sometimes my mom says I need to, you know, do something before I can get it or my brother gets it instead."

Nothing.

"Let's say, my dad had a car and she would give it to me but I need to have a boyfriend to have it or my brother gets it."

Jennie gave me a withering look. "Why would your dad give a car because you have a boyfriend?"

I rolled my eyes. "Hypothetically speaking. Someone I know, can't have her dad's company because she's still single. I was going to offer some assistance but she sort of kicked me out of her apartment."

Finally, it clicked in her head. She looked murderous. "How the fuck do you know about that?"

"The tooth fairy told me," I grinned. I pulled the letter out of my bra then placed it on the table. "Here."

In seconds the letter became confetti like I predicted. "You better not-"

"Shut up, dude. I have another copy so you can't stop me. I just want to make a deal with you."

Surprisingly, Jennie calmed down. "Ah. I get it now."

"You do?"

"Yep. You're one of those money-grabbing whores who blackmail people to get what they want. Well, that's not going to work this time."

"You're wrong. Very wrong. I don't want your money."

Jennie got up, leaving her cup on the table. "You know I'm right and it's okay. I won't judge you." She walked out of the café, leaving me speechless.

-

VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW ME FOR MORE :)