Chapter 10 - ATTRACT her

Lisa POV:

It was late and I was waiting for Jennie in one of the nearby restaurants John had led me in. He sat beside me, eating delicate little cakes while I held a water bottle due to him banning me from anything that contained calories. He was worried that food would destroy the hourglass figure he tried to produce by forcing me to wear a pale green bodycon dress. My hair had been twisted into a elegantly messy bun and strappy gold heels which John said 'emphasised my hair' that had highlights in it.

"What is the gala for?" I asked John who was on his fifth cake.

"For charity. Duh."

Finally, Jennie's presence was announced by the girlish giggles. I turned to see her looking around. She spotted John then came over. "John, where's Lisa?"

"She's right here," the bald man replied.

Jennie's eyes widened slightly before the cold mask was placed on again. "Oh. Well, we need to go."

She had almost left before I could even get out of the chair. "Can you fucking slow down," I mumbled. I made it outside without falling in the heels and opened my own car door as Jennie was already inside.

"Hurry up," she said, turning on the engine.

"You're the one who came late not me," I snapped back. Ignoring me, she kept driving. I put my purse in my lap then turned to face her. "Is there anything I need to know before this event thing."

"Just don't talk to anyone."

"And if they talk to me, I should just remain silent? Maybe I should reply in sign language," the sarcasm was evident in my voice.

She let out a deep breath. "Just keep things simple then. Don't make some exaggerated story but keep it vague."

"So if they ask where we met, I should say on Earth?"

"You're not funny."

"I am."

"Not."

"I am."

"I'm not playing this game with you, Lisa."

"What game?"

She sighed again. "We met at a friend's party. And we've been talking a lot."

"Which friend? And if they check my phone there is no conversation."

"Just say Jeon Jungkook and you had to buy a new phone because the old one broke." "The Jeon Jungkook? Are you sure that's believable?"

"He has parties almost every two weeks so they'll believe it. Plus it's usually exclusive so most people won't have attended."

I didn't reply, trying to remember what she had said. I would never believe these lies but I don't know how the rich think. I just have to avoid the questions about my personal life. People would never understand how the millionaire got with a waitress. It almost sounded like a fairytale.

The car slowed down in front of the Met (aka the Metropolitan Museum of Art). I froze. "This gala?!" I screamed.

Jennie rolled her hazel eyes at me. "I thought it was obvious." She opened her door and handed someone her keys before coming round to open my door. Her arm snaked round my waist pulling me closer then leaned forward to whisper in my ear. "Just smile at the cameras and try and hide your cast," she murmured.

I forced my cheeks to heat up as if she was saying sweet nothings. Jennie greeted a few people briefly, not introducing me, then led the way to the red carpet. Because of John's powerful magic, I looked acceptable so it didn't bother me when the cameras started flashing but the questions soon followed.

"Kim! Whose the woman beside you?"

"New girlfriend, Kim?!"

"Is that the model from Paris Fashion week?!"

"Have you given up the player ways?!"

Jennie acted as if she was deaf and continued walking. I stayed by her side but almost fell when I saw Nancy. She was ahead of us in a huge pink floor-length ball gown. My smile slowly turned into a grimace. Damn her. Like a dog smelling the scent of their owner, she turned in our direction and waved.

"Jennie!" Nancy made her way towards us. The paparazzi noticed this and were keeping their cameras close to their face ready for anything. I waved back at her which caused her to slow down.

"Hi Nancy," I said as sweetly as I could muster.

"You brought her here?" she spoke to Jennie cutting me out.

"Yes. She's my date."

"You could have asked me," Nancy suggested.

"I decided to ask my girlfriend. I'm sorry if you don't like that," Jennie replied bluntly.

The moment the word 'girlfriend' was mentioned, cameras started flashing rapidly sounding like rain. Jennie's hand around my hips tightened and led us towards the entrance. Inside was amazing. There were lights on the ceiling, lights on walls, in the indoor trees. It looked like something from a fairytale. People were already inside talking and taking photos.

"Jennie, please don't leave me alone." With the number of people I could see for now, I knew if I was left alone, I would get lost.

"I'll show you where our table is so if you do go missing, you'll have somewhere to go to."

Our names were put on tiny but elegant pieces of card on a table with five seats including ours. I looked at the other names: Rhea Montero (I don't know who would be suitable to be jungkook's Gf's other than lisa so i made a random name) . Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung. "Is Taehyung your brother?"

"What?" Jennie's face turned angry. "He's not sitting with me. I specifically asked for that."

"Is he the one whose second in line for the company?" It made sense because of her reaction to the name.

"Yep. Stay here. I need to sort this out." She walked away, looking for someone who could change the seats.

I sat down in my chair and pulled out my phone. I unlocked it to find twelve miss calls from none other than Momo. "Fuck," I muttered. I decided to face her wrath tomorrow. I began taking pictures and sending them to Rose and Irene so they could see what I was up to. A woman in a gold mermaid dress sat down in front of me. Her eyes matched her dress and her long brown hair fell in perfect waves.

She smiled then introduced herself. "I'm Rhea."

"Lisa."

"You came with Jennie?" I was trying to debate whether she was one of her many followers or she just knew her.

"She invited me," I answered. "And you?"

"I came with my boyfriend."

"Taehyung?"

"No, I came with-"

"Lisa, we meet again." I looked up to see the smirking face of Jeon Jungkook. My face turned red. The first time we met wasn't exactly normal.

"Hi," I mumbled.

Rhea raised an eyebrow. "Jungkook, what did you do to her?"

"Nothing at all," he began laughing. "I'll explain."

Then he started reciting what happened in Jennie's hotel while I begged for death.

-

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME FOR MORE :)