1

It was another typical morning like always. You'd wake up, get dressed for work, make yourself some breakfast, grab your music player, and start on the two mile trek to your job/second home.

You actually enjoyed the long walk, turning it into a jog when it wasn't too hot or too cold, enjoying the scenery on the way to your aforementioned job. With your still working headphones covering your ears snugly, you bopped your head to the music blasting in your ears while you trekked up the slight hill through a forest.

You lived further down from the foot of Mount Paozu, looking at all of the trees that surrounded you, and passing by a little area that you knew led to a really beautiful lake. You'd go there if you didn't have to work or when you wanted to make a detour during your jog.

Humming along to one of the songs playing, you sprinted in a light jog to get up the hill, spotting a house further ahead as you made it to a break in the treeline.

The ground shook slightly and made you pause, before you slid your headphones off to survey the area.

"-NOT TO STEP FOOT IN THE KITCHEN WHILE IM COOKING!!"

You flinched at the shrieking that reached your ears, which was loud even at this distance, before shaking your head with a sigh. You knew who it was, but the reason as to why was just on a long list of pettiness by said yeller.

You decided to walk the rest of the way as you could hear the clanging of possible pans being thrown around, debating on whether or not you needed to actually even be here today. But, you still had a job to do.

Before you could actually knock on the front door, however, it swung open, and a flash of orange and blue ran into you hard enough that you went flying back. But you never hit the ground, even if your head was spinning as if you had gotten caught up in a tornado.

"Whoa! Hi, Y/N!!" An overly positive and giddy voice reaches your ears, and your eyes snap up to see twins of a spiky black haired male with onyx eyes looking down at you.

"Hi, Goku ..and Goku? Oh, wait... Hiya Goku." You say with a light chuckle once your eyes are finally adjusted, the beaming Saiyan grinning down at you.

You've known Son Goku for a good while now, considering you had been left an inheritance and plot of land by your uncle at his passing. The plot of land just happened to be close to Goku's home, and you had met the man when he suddenly popped up and offered to help the housebuilders who had been hired to construct your house for you. And then help out again when you were actually moving into the house.

At first you were highly nervous and slightly weirded out by this stranger being so nice to you, but it didn't take long for you to figure out that he was just like that. A literal care bear if anything.

It had been that way for years now, and he'd almost always pop by your house if he wasn't training or saving the world... Or dead. Yeah, that took a good while to really get used to. Not to mention the fact that he was an alien that used to have a monkey tail or something, nor the fact that he was insanely strong and could fly, and shoot energy balls out of his hands (along with having said energy change his appearance when he powered up).

But you didn't let that ruin your friendship with the man. In fact, you appreciated him for being such a wonderful person. Could you imagine him having been evil and living as a tyrannical ruler of earth? No thanks!

He introduced you to Chi-Chi not long after, who was highly suspicious of you the second Goku showed up with you. But you won her over by being a great babysitter to their son Gohan, and helping with the chores.

It's not like you could actually get a real job, everything was too far away and you weren't going to spend all of your inheritance on trying to have a cab go back and forth all the time! You had taken care of yourself most of your life already, and dabbled with a green thumb amongst your usual self care, so you could live in the woods if you were desperate enough.

And then, when Goku had died and was gone for seven years, you stepped on to help Chi-Chi raise both Gohan and the newest addition to their family, Goten. Chi-Chi was super thankful, but she also resented Goku for dying. Which, was just mind boggling to you. But she was also grieving in her own way, so you never questioned it.

When he came back though, you somehow felt that you were happier to see him than she was, and he was actually happier to see you more than her, himself. Again, you didn't question it.

You realize after a moment that you're still being held by said saiyan, your cheeks heating up before you gently patted his arms while pulling yourself away from his warm hold. "So, what did you do this time?" You asked, Goku laughing nervously while rubbing the back of his head.

"Oh, I just went into the kitchen while Chi-Chi was making breakfast. But the food smelled so good! I just wanted a quick peek.." He sighed woefully, and you giggled before shaking your head. "Well, I'll go help her. And since I know you're just going to train until everything is done, have fun Goku." You tell him with a playful smile before going to head inside, but you're stopped by him gently grabbing your hand. "Train with me! Please?"

You snort, looking up at the taller male with a slight grin. "Sorry Goku, maybe next time when Chi-Chi is less angry at you. I don't think she'd appreciate me training with you instead of helping her right now. Plus, I'm only at 0.5 compared to your 60 on the level chart." You admit, sticking your tongue out. You were still a human, after all. You had self defense training from Goku already, but you were still miles away from his ranking.

Goku whines, still holding your hand for a moment before gently letting you go. "Fiiine, but I'm going to get you to train with me before tomorrow!"

You roll your eyes playfully, smiling. "Alright, I'll hold you to that. But you better help train me before I go to bed. If I'm in my pajamas, you're too late." You tell him amusedly, before disappearing into the house to greet Chi-Chi and Goten who's been made to study right after waking up.

Unbeknownst to you, the older Saiyan is staring at his hand quietly with a light smile. He can still feel the soothing warmth you emitted, along with the lingering scent of your body wash and shampoo in the air.

Shaking his head, hr grinned, and went off to go train further away.

****

After a day of helping Chi-Chi with the chores, cooking, and Goten's studies, you were doing your stretches. Considering that the sun was just now setting, and dinner literally was vacuumed up by the void and his sidekick bottomless pit, you weren't surprised that you indeed had a few hours left before you'd call it a night.

Wearing some spare training clothes that you could move around in easily, you looked over to the Saiyan who was jumping in place as if he was weightless with a smile on his face as he stared up at your small house. It looked fun being able to defy gravity. "You ready?" You ask as you finish with your stretches, Goku's black eyes fixating on you with a warm determination. "You bet! I won't go too hard on you though, hehe!"

You grin softly, getting into a stance as Goku got into his own. In his mind, he was thinking about how, even though you were a regular human, you didn't mind fighting with him and pushing yourself to different limits one level at a time. Yeah, he was still going to be holding back, but he was going to be teaching you how to channel that ki you had. It was there, you just needed a better confidence boost to unleash it, and training was the best way to do it!

To him, this was the best part of his day. Spending alone time with you.

 Spending alone time with you