29

29| A house is not a home pt. 2

Janet's POV

I've been staying at LaToya's house for a week since I can't go home. I haven't seen or spoken to my children or Toni in a week. I miss them so much and I know they miss me too.

"Janet get up and go get your girl." LaToya told me and I looked up at her.

"Looking like you lost your mojo."

"LaToya don't cause you don't have no man or no girl."

"Ooouu burned." Rebbie said and we both laughed. Honestly, it's fun being here with my sisters but I miss home.

Toni's POV

I left out of my room to head downstairs when I heard crying coming from Desiree's room. Is she okay? I opened her door and saw her laying face down on the bed.

"Baby, what's the matter?" I asked as I sat at the edge of the bed. I rubbed her back and she turned over looking at me.

"You a-and momma are going to get a d-divorce!" Desiree cried harder and I frowned.

"Who told you that baby?"

"You! You were talking to auntie Tay and I heard you. Don't leave momma, please!" I sighed and shook my head.

"I don't know if I can baby. Your mother hurt me really bad."

"S-she didn't do anything. It was an accident, Mommy!" Desiree laid her head on my chest and cried into my shirt. I rubbed her back and kissed her forehead.

"I'm sorry baby..." I whispered to her.

Skai's POV

It's about one in the afternoon and I haven't seen my mother all week. She didn't come by because my mom didn't want her here at the moment. This is her house too and she could be like those people that don't care, but she respects my mother and is giving her some space. She called me a few times but my mom told me not to answer and of course, I didn't. Am I scared of my mom— a little.

When she's angry because she turns into the Hulk. Right now I'm in my room by myself and my mother called me again. I answered and went inside my bathroom. I turned on the light and the vent so that it could drown out my voice.

"Hello?"

"Hi, baby."

"Hi, momma. I miss you." I truly did. I've never been away this long from my mother in a while. Especially over some shit that can be resolved by a simple conversation. Cause I know my mother ain't do it.

"I know princess and I miss you too. Your mother isn't answering any of my calls." I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know why she's acting like that. I believe you... I know you didn't cheat on her." She smiled.

"I didn't. I would never do that. I went to see Jackie that same day and I made her test me for drugs. I got my results back the day after and I had sleeping pills and painkillers in my system. Jackie said that those two drugs can cause severe dizziness and being unaware of your surroundings. I was trying to call your mom to tell her that but she wouldn't answer." I pouted because I can tell that my mother is really upset at this situation. I'm upset too. She's trying to make their relationship work out but my mom is acting like she doesn't care.

"I'm sorry momma and I'll try to talk to her. But I have to go before she catches me talking to you."

"What? She doesn't want you talking to me?" My momma asked in disbelief.

I shook my head, "No and you know how she gets when she's angry. I do not want to cross that line."

She chuckled, "Okay. Imma let you go Skai. I love you, baby."