Chapter Twenty Seven

"What the fuck is taking so goddamn long?" Simon snarled into the phone, bursting into his office and planting himself behind the desk

It had been fifteen agonizing minutes since he instructed Randy Perez, the security chief, to bring him the footage of Carmen leaving the locked room. He was dying to see who the hell had the audacity to waltz onto his turf and disrespect him like that.

However, fifteen minutes had gone by, and he hadn't received any updates from the team.

Randy swallowed nervously. "Boss, we're doing everything we can, but something... something went wrong. Our screens are blank. We're trying to figure out what happened."

"Again? What the hell am I paying you useless idiots for? Do you exist solely to disappoint me every damn hour of the day? I swear to fucking Christ, Perez, you have ten goddamn minutes to get this shit sorted, and if you can't? Don't you ever fucking show your face to me again? Understood, damn it?"

Simon's face flushed with anger as he paced behind the desk, his frustration reaching its boiling point. He ran his hand across his face, searching for a solution to the mess. Carmen really messed up by ignoring his warning. He had treated her so well, being kind and charming, and he thought he had her under his control... until he didn't. He couldn't figure out where he went wrong for the life of him.

But he should have seen it coming. When Jenna came to him desperately, asking for help to escape her wedding, he had a strong feeling things would go wrong. But she offered a good payment, and he was bound by his promise to provide her a safe getaway from the wedding, along with a complimentary stay on one of his private islands where she couldn't be found. After escaping Ronin's clutches, she even tried to seduce him. However, Simon had no interest in her at all. Although he couldn't turn down the sex on the table. It turned out to be a pleasant night, as far as he could remember.

But then that annoying Jenna got clingy and started seducing him, trying to control him like that foolish Ronin. Simon saw through her deceitfulness, as he always did, and wasted no time in putting her in her place. He kicked her out of the safety he provided, treating her like the garbage she was, and enjoyed watching her struggle to rebuild her life.