The Proposal! - Chapter 10

one month later, Lucy's POV
It's been a month since my abduction, It's my first day back at work today. 

I awake to Tim tapping my shoulder. 
"Luce, wake up! I made you breakfast in bed." He says I open my eyes to see a smile on his face and a tray of bacon, eggs, sausage and toast. Damn. I'm living the life.
"Thank you!" I say while showing up his smile with a much bigger one.
I sit up and start eating my food. Tim sits down next to me.
"So, are you ready to get back to normal?" He asks me as he tries to take a bit of sausage from the plate. I slap his hand and giggle a bit.
"You made it for me! Your name's not Lucy Chen is it?" I smile. "But I'm very excited to go back to work, Lopez texted me she has a special case for me." I see Tim smirk but I just shrug it off.

After a morning workout with Tim, we head to work. We arrive and we go in to the different locker rooms and get changed. I walk out to see Tim personally standing guard of the door and staring at any officer that even looks in his remote direction. 
"Tim this is adorable but I'm safe here, look how many cops there are." I say pointing to all the officers. 
"Well better safe then sorry." He says starting to walk towards roll call.
"Ok well your not staying with me today ok, Metro needs you there plus I'll be with Angela she will look after me." I say trying to calm him down.
"Fine but I want check in's." He says as a compromise.
"I know." I say as we walk in, all of a sudden everyone starts clapping for me. I hate this.
"Welcome back officer Chen" Grey announces proudly.
"Thanks.." I answer 

After the briefing I go over to Lopez "Hey I got your text what is the case?" I ask her so I can get right to work.
"So you know how a few years ago you found a clue and you had to sort it out to find some gold, this is like that. I need you to figure our where a quote on quote 'awesome treasure.' is." Lopez informed me, she then gave me a sheet of paper with a clue. I tracked down the clue and by the end of they day I had figured out where this Treasure was. It was apparently at a park. I went there my gun gun in my hands, I then saw someone.. It was Tim. 
"Tim? What are you doing  here?" I asked, more confused than ever as I put my gun back in my holster.
He smiled. 
"I wanted to ask you something, very important and I thought a little fake scavenger hunt would be fun." He said with a smile.
"You set up a FAKE scavenger hunt?" I giggled.
"I mean you didn't?" He joked.
"Thank you I will admit it was very fun." I gave him a kiss on the lips. 
"So what was the important thing you wanted to ask me?" I questioned him oblivious to what's about to happen.
He let out a huge grin, reached for his back pocket pulled out a small box and got on one knee. HOLEY  FUCKING SHIT!
"Lucy Chen, you have made me the happiest man on the world, I'm not just saying that because you have changed me. You helped me though stuff and I'm so thankful for it, I love you too much to just date for longer, I want you to become a Bradford I want us to be a family. You, Kojo and I. With that being said. Lucy Chen will you marry me?" He asked nervously.
I thought for a second, and then smirked through my tears.
"Hmmmm.." I teased.
"Of course you big dummy!" I screamed pulling him up off the ground. He slid the beautiful ring to my finger, cupped my face and started to make out with me. After a moment we broke apart for air. Once we had caught our breath he broke the silence. 
"I'm sorry for being cheesy though." He grinned.
I laughed a bit.
"It's fine you big hopeless romantic." I teased. 
"Come on let's go back to the station my FIANCÉ!" He said while grabbing my hand and walking the way to my shop.

Once we got back to the station we were greeted by all our friends including Tamara cheering with a huge poster that read 'Congratulations Chenford.' 
"The fuck is Chenford?" Tim says confused as hell while looking at me. 
I shrug. "Beats me." I tell him.
"OMG you idiots its your ship name, we have been calling you it behind your backs for YEARRSSSS." Tamara speaks up. Tim and I still look confused.
"Oh my god dumbasses Chen from Lucy's last name and ford from Tim's, how are you guys cops?" Lopez says pissed off at our clueless faces.
"OHHH!" we say together. 
"Cute Angela." Tim says giving her sas.
After showing off the ring and telling everyone the story I finally get to go home with my fiancé. I've never been happier.