Chapter 3: Meeting Freen and Becky

One day Julia invited Jane and Janella to her meeting with her top client named Freen "Sam" Sarocha who is the CEO of the Diversity Foundation in Thailand. They would be having a meeting in Japanese Restaurant. Julia was currently waiting for Freen's arrival for their meeting regarding the new content that Julia was assigned to do. While waiting Jane and Janella couldn't avoid being nervous, because they knew that Freen was one of the top businesswomen in the world but in secret, that even Dona Cielo and VP Rex never knew.

Julia: Hey. Easy there, you two. She doesn't bite.

Janella: Julia, are you sure about this? That she is not homophobic?

Julia didn't answer and remained silent. Then a few seconds, Freen finally arrived with her wife Becky. Julia stood up and approached her top client and they gave each other a hug.

Julia: Ms. Freen, Ms. Becky thank you so much for accepting my invitation. You had to---

Becky: Oh no, it's okay.

Freen: Shall we?

Julia: Oh, please.

Freen and Becky took a seat sa tapat nila Jane and Janella.

Jane: Good evening, Mrs. and Mrs. Sarocha.

Janella: Good evening to you.

Freen: Good evening to you too. So, you must be Jane and Janella.

Nagkatinginan si Jane at Janella sabay baling kay Julia. Julia smiled and nodded as a sign that she likely told Freen and Becky about them.

Becky: It's all right. Julia already told us about between you two. And actually, thank you.

Jane: For what?

Jane wondered sabay tinginan sila ni Jea.

Freen: Oh, you didn't know. But Julia showed us your posts on social media and we saw you singing our Thai Songs. Like The Love Theory is Pink. No More Blues. And Marry Me. My song Whisper and my wife's song Think Alike.

Napanganga si Jane at Janella at namangha dahil hindi lang pala basta clients. Kundi ang couple na celebrities in singing pala. Kaya dito na nakahinga ng maluwag si Jane and Janella. And also nagulat sila dahil hindi din nila akalain na ang mga kinakanta pala nilang mga Thai singers ay nasa harapan na nila. 

Janella: Wait. Is this why you invited us to your meeting, Julia?

Freen: Yes, Janella.

Freen answered instead of Julia.

Julia: Jane, Janella. Sila pala ang sinasabi kong tumulong sa akin noong unti-unti nang nababagsak ang negosyo ko. Sila din ang dahilan kung paano mas lalong lumago ang negosyo ko. Joshua and I kept this a secret and kayong dalawa pa lang nakakaalam. Since sinabi ko sa kanila yung about sa nangyari kay Ate Rhian at Ate Glaiza. Even your Lola and your dad never know about this. Ganun talaga niya ako kamahal kahit na nalulugi na ang negosyo ko, hindi pa din niya ako iniiwan. Syempre ayaw naming humingi ng tulong kela Dona Cielo at alam niyo na kung anong mangyayari.

Jane and Janella nodded. Tapos bumaling sila Freen and Becky back to Jane and Janella.

Becky: So, how long have you been together?

Si Janella na ang nagkwento.

Janella: We have been together for about four years already.

Freen and Becky smiled as they listen closely to Janella and Jane's love story.

Janella: Jane and I had been batchmates since High School. And we never expected that we would be classmates on college. And that was when we got very close. I didn't even know that I like the girl until Jane became my classmate. That was also the reason why I had not talked to her for weeks that time because I was already falling for her. But she kept chasing me because she was worried about me, until I gave up and without a word, kissed her. Which really shocked her. I thought she was gonna cut off our friendship when I removed my lips from her. But to my surprise, she kissed me back.

Freen and Becky looked at each other smiling as Janella finished her and Jane's summary of their love story.

Freen: Wow. Seems we have similar stories. My wife and I have almost the same experiences as yours.

Becky: Good thing, no one ever saw you besides Julia here and her boyfriend.

Jane: Well, Jea and I constantly make sure nobody follows us. Besides, we already live in our own condos now and we take advantage of that to always meet each other. Anyway. Wow. This is amazing. I never thought we would meet the great couple like you.

Jane: Yes. Correct me, if I'm wrong but your families never knew, right?

Becky: Well, actually in Thailand, LGBTQ are already allowed to marry. Either boy to boy or girl to girl. So, yes. Our families and in-laws know about us and we are still the happy family.

Janella: Good for that. This homophobic community here in Philippines isn't even fair. They just allow their endorsers to have BL Project Series, while the GL Projects are forbidden. If you heard of Michelle Dee. Her GL project with the former Miss Universe named Catriona Gray was cancelled when it was only few days away before they start taping. They were being shipped after their rivalry series. As these two miss universes were being shipped, the lesbians in this country were like worms that were crawling out of its hole. They were already crawling out of their hideouts since Michelle and Catriona were being shipped. That also inspired me to kiss Jane and confess my feelings for her. But now that the GL Project of Michelle and Catriona were cancelled. Well, there were many tragedies. Lesbians committed suicides. Murdered. And yet our homophobic families celebrated for that. They were so proud that the GL Project of Michelle and Catriona were cancelled. That the lesbians are lessening from this homophobic world. While on the other hand the BL Project of "My Husband's Lover" was trending.

Becky and Freen shook their head.

Freen: I know that this is an advance offer. But if you already want to marry each other in secret. We can help you.

Nagkatinginan sila Jane and Jea.

Becky: Don't worry about it. We will make sure no one finds out about it.

Janella: Thanks for the offer, Mrs. Sarocha. But we'll think about it.

Freen: Sure. Please, just call us Freen and Becky. We are just about 7 years older than you. We might even treat you like our daughters.

Jane: Sure. Uhm, Freen and Becky. Thank you so much.

Becky and Freen nodded. Becky held Jane's hands as a welcome. It didn't take long, dumating na ang kanilang order. They settled down and enjoyed their dinner together.

Few hours later, after the meeting. Saka na sila lumabas and sabay na naglakad. 

Becky: So, how is your third monthsary?

Jane: Well, despite our fear, we always do everything to make each other happy.

Janella: I was very afraid, but my girlfriend right here is very persuasive. So, I started courting her in secret and we never let our homophobic families know about it. 

Freen, Becky and Julia smiled. Julia also said the same thing about Jane and Janella's relationship. 

Jane: We also enjoy singing together. Janella even sang me one of her own compositions.

Janella nodded. Saka ikinuwento nga nila ng detailed ang kanilang picnic sa magandang forest. Hindi nagtagal ay hinatid nila ang mag-asawang Freen and Becky sa kanilang sasakyan. 

----TO BE CONTINUED----