Chapter 10: Return to Philippines; Mrs. Red

Ilang araw ang lumipas, gumaling na si Freen mula sa sakit and she was now back to work. Noong tuluyan na siyang gumaling saka na nilang lahat inasikaso ang flight ni Jane and Mikha. As they were enjoying their family moments together. Noong nakabook na ang kanilang flight to Philippines, tinungo nila ang isa sa mga Steak Restaurant na favorite kainan nila Jane and Janella years ago, to have lunch. Katabi ni Jane si Mikha and Chantal. Freen and Becky ay magkatabi din sa tapat nila Jane and the two daughters. Noong nakaupo na sila, saka sila nilapitan ng waiter and gave them the menu. 

Freen: Mi khā kạb chā nthāl ca s̄ạ̀ng xarị dī kha? (So, Mikha and Chantal, what would you like to order?)

Mikha: C̄hạn t̂xngkār s̄ạ̀ng sụ̄̂x Medium Well. (I would like to order Medium Well.)

Chantal: K̄hxng c̄hạn khụ̄x pānklāng (Mine is Medium.)

Freen nodded smilingly as the waiter was writing their orders.

Freen: Læ̂w khuṇ l̀a cen? (How about you, Jane?)

Jane: C̄hạn t̂xngkār s̄ạ̀ng sụ̄̂x Medium Well d̂wy (I would like to order Medium Well also.)

Freen: Læa khuṇ thī̀rạk k̄hxng c̄hạn? (And you, my love?)

Becky: Xụ̄m c̄hạn ca s̄ạ̀ng well̒ do neth (Mmm. I will order Well Done.)

Freen: Tklng læ̂w h̄emụ̄xnkạb c̄hạn. (Okay then. Same for me.)

Waiter: Tklng læ̂w rx rạb xx de xr̒ xyū̀ na mæ̀. (Okay then. Wait for your orders, mam.)

They nodded and the waiter left to serve their orders. While waiting for their orders, dito na nga sila nagkwentuhan.

Freen: Good work on Thai Language, honey.

Jane: Thank you. I didn't even think that I could learn that fast. Whenever you are not here, Mommy Becky is always there to help me. And my daughters.

Becky: Well, I chose to be a housewife ever since we adopted you. I always have to help Mikha and Chantal on their assignments. And they enjoy our times together.

Jane: Thank you really. You had been very great help to us. How can we ever---

Freen: You already did, my baby. Because of your help, my companies had been increasing and I had been able to build more not just restaurants, cafe, fast food, but also the food stands. And then the marketing companies.

Becky: And that is the last thing you have to be worried about, Jane.

Freen: And by the way, your departure from Thailand is perfect timing. There will be a Grand Convention where the CEOs, endorsers, even the celebrities will be gathered there. And most likely, your homophobic families would be attending that event. Also, the international companies are invited, and the Diversity Foundation is noticed. So, my main company is invited as well.

Becky elbowed her wife and shook her head. But Freen, held Becky's hand assuring her that it's okay. Becky just nodded.

Freen: Anyway, I would like you to take my place there. 

Freen took out something from her bag at doon lumabas ang red masquerade mask. Ipinagtaka naman ni Jane, Mikha and Chantal kung ano yun.

Freen: But they had not had a chance to see my face. They only know me as "Mrs. Red". They don't know the real me, and you will take that advantage. Here is your thanking speech. I am sure there are still many so-called Vadengs. Express our gratitude to the audience for supporting the two love teams from Inevitably Mine the Series named Jaojay and Lady Si. I have no guarantee that this would work, but I am sure that your homophobic families will be very disappointed if they cheer you more compared to them. And don't forget to use the Thai Accent we taught you. I also have mask for you, Mikha.