Introduction

EXTENDED BLURB
_____

"I refuse!", I screamed at him, and at everyone else.
A silence fell into the temple.
The scene lit up with the glow of fire, the distant sound of bells rang along the river.
His hand stood before me, his eyes fixed on me like that on a hawk.
"I refuse to marry you! I—"

He suddenly catches hold of my wrist and pulls me towards him, with a sharp yank.

"It was never a choice.", He hissed, his eyes, a sharp brown seemed to darken with every passing moment.

I glanced past him at my helpless father.
The crowd stood, with their heads bowed down.
There could be no escape now.

AVIRAM RAGHUVANSHI is the darkest night.
A thirty two year old man with no family, except his estranged twelve year old daughter, he has no one.
After his wife decides to run away one night from the ‘suffocating marriage’, the man is left with nothing.
Not even his heart.

DEVIKA LEELA KANWAR is the brightest star.
A twenty five year old with everything she had ever dreamt of. Her father, her younger sister and a small house in Marwar.

When Devika returns to Marwar after completing her graduation in Classical Dance, she decides to visit the temple of the city's Goddess.

Her father, a priest in the very same temple had warned her about the 'Prince of Darkness', but as was her nature, she doesn't give it an ear.

When her paths cross with Aviram, she does the exact thing she was warned against.

The man, insulted and bitter, chooses revenge over patience.

With no male heir to keep his bloodline intact - he chooses her.
He chooses her to bear the next heir, his child.
For any other woman, that would be an honour, but to Leela, as she was called, it is the end of all her dreams.

And that was her punishment.

With hatred and loath, the beauty is thus trapped with the beast.

Does she escape, or she let's him ruin her?
Or, does the beast too have a heart?

•×•

Bollywood casting -

Ram / Aviram Raghuvanshi

Leela / Devika Leela Kanwar

•×•

epigraph

He is the beast that lives in a lonely palace,
I was the beauty who was locked in it, with him.

•••

All rights reserved.
This is an original work.
All characters are a product of the author's imagination.
This book is a product of fiction. No names, locations or scenes correlate with real events.

Alternate name : Ram Leela
The casting in the book and that on the cover are my personal face claims. You are free to imagine.

 You are free to imagine

•••