Twenty Five | The Heart You Gave

Devika :

Devika :

"HOW DARE YOU?!", I said immediately standing up.
This woman was so on my nerves.

"Oh please! I don't talk to intruders—"

"And no one here talks to adulterous cheaters who run away. So maybe shut up, you know?", I snapped.

She gave me a death glare.

"Is ex Mumma saying the right thing Papa? Do you not want me back?", Nayantara asked teary eyed.

Aviram looked at Anamika, coldly.
I missed this look for a while I guess.
His eyes turned a shade darker as he stood up, the icy gaze fixed on Anamika's face.

"You are requested to get lost.", He said with as much courtesy as possible, suppressing his urge to throw something at the pathetic woman.
"Really?! You broke rules. Got this kothey—"

"GET OUT!", He shouted at her. A constable or two showed up immediately, looking pale.
His anger was pretty well feared, I guessed.

Anamika paled a tone, looking at him. I could bet she had not expected it.

"This woman is my wife! MY WIFE! Did you hear it?!", He shouted at her, flaring, "A woman who slept with my step brother might just want to shut up her dirty mouth and get out of here—"

"You cannot talk to me that way!", Anamika said immediately, her face turned red. The constables gulped nervously and tip toed away.
Aviram's lips curved into an amused smile.

"Had you not been a woman, I would have done so much worse.", He said coldly. I could feel the rage from this distance.
It almost scared me.
Anamika glanced at me. I could see her tears of frustration.

She immediately turned to leave.

"Get yourself and your things out of my wife's bedroom in the palace.", He said as she turned.

She paused a moment and glanced at me with all the hatred in the world.
She said nothing as she stormed away.

Aviram drew in a deep breath.

He turned to look at Nayantara. She stood frozen looking at him, in bated breath.
"Even if you were on their side, I'd still want you back.", He said simply.
Nayantara gulped.

Even though, by blood she was Vinay's daughter.. she had eyes like Aviram.
They spoke.

And I could read them.
I could see the look of relief, the ache of the years of hating him for no reason, the betrayal that her own mother and favourite uncle gave her.
Must be scarring.
I lowkey realised why she had such a bad behaviour. She was hurt, and her only guidance, Vinay, simply poisoned her and made her even more bitter.

Aviram walked down to hear, softening.

"You were, are and will always be my daughter.", He whispered. She looked at him, teary eyed.
"I love you, I will always love you Nayan.", He added softly, the tenderness of the world in his voice.