Eight | Ointment On Wounds

Devika :

Devika :

I SAT back in his room.
It was a lonely place to be in.
Such a huge room, it was bigger than my whole house.
The clock struck twelve.

Plus, I had missed my audition too.

I sighed as I glanced at his cupboard.
Full of boredom and disappointment. Abandoned by my so called loving family.

Almost involuntarily, I stood up.
I walked down to it and opened it.
The first thing I saw was his clothes. The heavily embroidered sherwanis on one side, then the casual kurtas he wore all day and then there were suits and tuxedos on the right end.

Perfectly organised.

Almost intimated by all that perfection I pulled out the drawer below the second rack of his clothes.

Watches.
And the range was immense.
From Rolex to Armani, everything.

"Beast ji, is a watch enthusiat. How cool is that.", I said sighing as I picked up one.
Then I pulled the second drawer.

There were two photo albums.

Ah. That is something good.
If I find one photograph of him from his childhood I might be able to blackmail him.

I immediately jogged down to the door and locked it from inside.
Then I sat with the two photo albums.

Mister Overly Organised Devil had carefully written the names over the albums. His handwriting was actually neat and aesthetic.

One said "Maa, Baba and I" and the other said "Anamika, Nayantara and I"

Nayantara. His daughter.

I was about to open the album when there was a sharp knock at the door.

Oh no!

I literally hopped off the bed and just tossed the two albums in his cupboard. I immediately opened the door.

He stood right before me.

"I am not here to touch you.", He stated as cold as ever.
"I need my suits."

"What?!", I said, remembering how I had literally thrown the albums in.
I genuinely wanted to see them.
"What what? I need—"

"No. Not now.", I said immediately.

He drew in a sharp breath.

"Move aside.", He said, in suppressed anger.
My previous experiences of his anger weren't exactly pleasant. I slowly moved to a side and he strode in.

He walked down to the cupboard.

He will kill me. GOD!

He was about to open the cupboard when I immediately jumped before the door.