Sixteen | Rule - Breaker?

Aviram :

Aviram :

"You must realise Aviram, you cannot break rules for a girl.", Mrinalini Devi said.
I sat back on my seat, watching her.

"Amma—"
"If the rules break for her, they must break for my son too.", She finally said it.

The price of Devika's dream that I shattered in my pointless anger and selfishness.

"Baba had made it very clear that Vinay can never be King.", I said sitting up, elbows resting on the desk.
The load of guilt almost piling up on my back.
She was so excited for this, so happy after all those days. And now, here I was.

Mrinalini Devi sucked in a sharp breath.

Indeed,
She was Vinay's biological mother.
A forbidden secret even in the Palace.

She eyed me sharply.
"You call me Amma and still tell me my son, the elder of you two cannot be the King. Isn't that breaking the rule?", She asked sharply.

"Amma, I have always obeyed the rules and have still respected you—"

"If you did, you wouldn't be the so called Raja ji, Aviram.", Saying so she stood up abruptly.
I drew in a deep breath.

"Either leave the throne or I shall not accept Devika as my disciple.", She said sharply.
"Amna, you are being biased. She is indeed a wonderful dancer.", I said firmly.
"She is your wife.", She said sharply.

As if it was a derogatory thing to be.

"Please.", I whispered.
"Not until you leave the throne for the eldest son of the Raghuvanshi clan.", Saying so she stormed out of the room.

I sat frozen on the seat.

I was going to suffocate Devika too, in this marriage.

Devika :

I walked into his bedroom and sat on the bed.

Just a few hours ago, I was jumping with happiness.. glad that I was his wife. But now, it just seemed like a curse.

Devi Maa, how is this fair?! How is any of this fair!

No answers.
No help.

I wiped a tear off, on the edge of a breakdown.
My only childhood dream was shattering like there was no tomorrow.
The worst part?
I had somehow no will to pick my bags and leave the man who had pushed me into this pit of despair. I looked at my open suitcase in vain. I knew I couldn't leave.

My heart would just not let me.

I looked down, letting the tear of helplessly fall on the carpeted floor.

"Aww.. poor girl in tragedy."

It did not take me too long to recognise the snarling tone.

But to hear it now, here, was definitely not something I appreciated.