Step Two: Screw Everything Up

Raine's crystal ball was ringing.

Eda <3 is calling read the screen.

Eda's contact was accompanied by a picture of her that Raine loved.

She didn't know that she was being photographed, and she was looking at her kids with a content smile on her face. The sun shines on her, reflecting in her liquid gold eyes, and she looked so pretty.

Raine shook themselves out of this trance and answered the call.

Eda's beautiful face filled the screen. "Hey Rainstorm!" She called.

"Hi Eda!" Raine grinned.

"So, King's going to his grandparents, and Luz is at Amity's, so do you want to come over? I feel like we haven't have a proper hang-out in a while."

"Yes! I'll bring hex mix!"

"Oh sweet, I just ran out. You are actually the best. See you soon!"

Raine's heart swelled. "See you!"

Raine was at the Owl House's door within ten minutes.

"Raine!" Eda hugged them. "Oh, it's so good to see you! Come in! Come in!"

She shoved them in the living room and tugged them up the stairs to her bedroom.

"Woah, you sleep in a nest?"

"Yeah," Eda plopped down in the pile of sticks. "Beds just aren't my thing."

"Interesting." Raine popped a bag of hex mix open and it opened the wrong way, spilling the contents on the floor.

"Damn it."

"Woah Rainstorm, never heard you curse before."

Raine flushed. "Darius has not been a good influence on me."

"Welp!" Eda heaved herself out of her nest and scooped the hex mix into her hand. "Five second rule!"

"Eda, it's been longer than five seconds."

She shrugged and began munching on the hex mix. "Ten second rule then."

Raine sighed and shook their head in mock frustration. "Don't talk with your mouth full."

"What are you, my mom?"

They snickered and flopped down in Eda's nest.

"Wait, this is actually really comfortable."

"I know right!" Eda flopped down next to them with a handful of hex mix. She offered some to Raine.

"No thank you! I'm not eating floor hex mix."

"Suit yourself." Eda shoved the rest into her mouth and swallowed.

"Oh my Titan."

The two of them talked on.

When Raine asked Eda how her kids were doing, Eda launched into a rant about how King kept stealing food from the cabinets.

"...and no child locks work! He figures them all out, it's a problem."

Raine snickered. "You could get Darius to goo them closed? That's what he's done to keep Hunter out of the cabinets at his house."

"You don't understand, King can chew through anything."

The day went on.

As they were watching TV in the living room, Raine glanced over to Eda to find her eyes on them.

When she saw them staring back, she looked away, her face flushing pale pink.

Raine felt their hand reach for Eda's cheek, tilting her face towards them.

They leaned forward, and they were kissing.

Raine were kissing Eda flippin' Clawthorne.

They had missed Eda's warmth, her soft lips, the cold bite of her gold fang pressed against Raine's face.

Raine would've been happy to stay like this forever, but Eda pulled away first.

Then the reality of what they'd done came crashing down.

They'd kissed Eda flippin' Clawthorne.

Raine scrambled up from the couch, knocking their knee against the coffee table.

"I-I-" They sputtered. "I-I'm sorry!"

Raine rushed out the door, regret washing over them, hot and suffocating.

A/N
578 words :O
This has a happy ending I promise
I just have to s t r e t c h it out a little bit more
Byeeeeee
- a very weird author