Step Seven: Have Bonding Moments

When Raine and Eda emerged from the prison/basement, hand-in-hand, they were greeted by Luz and King, both with very different expressions.

"Oh. My. God! You guys are so cute!" Luz said, clasping her hands together by her head.

At the same time, King shuddered. "Kissing," He said. "Gross!"

Eda didn't even hesitate. She pointed at Luz with her hook. "You're grounded."

"What?!?" Luz gaped.

She pointed at King, "You're grounded."

"Mom!" King stomped his foot.

She waved her hook around in the air. "And wherever Hooty is, he's also grounded."

"You're not even my mom!" Hooty's voice came from somewhere, Raine was too tired to figure out where.

"I'm close enough Owl Boy,"

Raine sighed. "Eda, be gentle. They were only trying to help."

"Yeah!" Luz nodded earnestly. "And I'm super sorry that we took it so far. I know firsthand how mortifying it is to be locked in a love-themed room. I made Hooty tone it down for you guys."

"Fine." Eda rolled her eyes. "But you're cleaning The Owl House top-to-bottom tomorrow. You under me?"

King and Luz nodded and scrambled off.

Eda laughed, then seemed to realize that she was holding Raine's hand still.

She didn't let go.

Raine didn't either.

"Do you want to go inside?" Eda asked. "We can't stay out here forever."

"Sure." Raine smiled.

Hooty, King and Luz had made themselves scarce, so the two of them were practically home alone.

They set up in the kitchen, Raine sitting in a chair and Eda sitting on the counter.

Eda's kitchen was a mess, and had the distinct smell of peppers.

This was probably because of the clumps of dried peppers hanging from the ceiling.

"Why do you have so many peppers?" Raine asked. "You hate spicy food."

Eda crossed her arms over her chest and mumbled something.

"What was that?"

"It reminded me of you." She said quietly. She reached up and cracked a pepper off the rope. "You want one?"

"Absolutely." Raine took a bite of the pepper. "Delicious."

"Dork." Eda said affectionately.

She brushed Raine's hair behind their ear.

They both flushed and lapsed into silence.

Raine took another bite of the pepper.

"Anywho, do you want to go back upstairs?" Eda asked.

"Sure!"

~ t i m e  s k i p ~ because I don't want to write filler

It was about time for Raine to go home. The two of them stood in the front of the house.

"Thank you for this." Raine said. They weren't entirely sure what they were thanking her for, but it felt right.

"Do you want to go out to eat tonight?" Eda asked suddenly.

Raine raised an eyebrow. "Are you asking me out?"

"Maybe, are you saying yes?"

Raine's eyes widened. "Maybe."

Eda sat down. "Where'd you want to go?"

Raine thought for a moment, trying to ignore how pretty Eda looked.

"Oh! I heard there's a new café called the Deofol Café."

"Sounds good Rainstorm." Eda smiled. "See you at five."

She kissed them and disappeared behind the door.

A/N
Eda canonically has a whole bunch of spicy things in her kitchen, and Raine canonically loves spicy food sooo
Also Deofol is the Old English word for demon
Thanks for reading <3
- a very weird author