Chapter 22: Friends do this too

■ ■ ■ ■

A few days had passed, and Ino and Tenten had definitely noticed the mood change around Sakura. She wasn't in her usual cheery and outgoing self ever since the following day of their night out. They suspected her husband had something to do with it, and assumed he probably scolded her for being crazy drunk that night.... or was it because of the lies? They didn't really know.

Whatever it was, their bestfriend was probably innocent, completely biased of course.

The two decided to confront her about it when they were finally done for the day, now closing the café and cleaning up, it was the perfect timing if she ended up crying with the question, they said.

A few seconds passed by, and with a deep breath, the blonde finally started, "Are you okay, Sakura?" Ino asks and couldn't help but look evidently worried— she was still enraged, her suspicion was still strong on the pinkette's husband. That jerk must've done or said something that made her feel this way for the past couple of days. Sakura was barely sad after all.
"You can talk to us!" Tenten suddenly adds with the same look on her face, immediately failing with their initial intention to approach this situation calmly and composed.

Sakura felt surprised at the sudden out-of-nowhere questions and the worried look on their faces. Why is everyone suddenly asking her how she's been? "Yes, why do you ask?" She says, only realizing now that she may have been staring into space yet again.

Tenten and Ino squints their eyes at her. Their suspicion going stronger by the minute. "What???" The pinkette asks, her attention fully on them now.

"Did your husband do or say something dumb??" Ino crosses her arms while Tenten gave a suspecting look at the same time. "Did he stop you from having our girls' night out?" She says with her brows furrowed.

Clearly they have been pinning her bad mood with Sasuke with their list of baseless assumptions.

"What— no!" Sakura shakes her head and feigns a chuckle, "He's completely okay about it."

Perhaps too okay with it... her subconscious complains.

"Wait, you're not lying." The brunette pointed out, and her tone more low now. They knew how much of a bad liar she was that they'd instantly know if her answer was a lie.
"Yes, I swear." She only nodded. I swear he's completely and utterly okay with it.

"Then why do you seem down in the dumps?" Ino sighs some relief.
"You got us worried about you and your husband!!" the brunette said, grabbing Sakura and hugging her tight.

Well, she must admit.. she had been less cheery these past few days and she wasn't even really sure why...

She has some hunch but...  she refused to think it was because of Sasuke or his words. Because why would she feel so petty and hung up on it? Surely she should be happy about her said freedom in this friendship slash relationship slash marriage of convenience.

But then with no other options, she was starting to think it may actually have been that...... maybe she was really hurt??

Oh no...

All of a sudden her realization was put into a complete halt when she felt a small cramp around her pelvic area.